Hello Guest

My new Samurai.

• 13 Replies

My new Samurai.
« on: March 29, 2012, 09:45:52 AM »
Hello Everyone; thought of sharing my Samurai, but I am a newbie the only bad thing I didn't like is that there is no AC other than that I love the look of this car....Just wanted to ask what are the tire sizes I can install on the stock rims and stock suspension.  Any ideas of what I can add to this car? was thinking of adding a roof rack and some lights on the roof and maybe a snorkel.

Let me know what you guys think.

Re: My new Samurai.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 10:24:18 AM »
Looks great!
GO PREPARED! www.WARN.com
Like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/WARNfans
Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/WarnIndustries

Offline zukmonster

• GO DAWGS!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 03:09:56 PM »
man..... that rig is C L E A N !!!  very nice score bro!

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 03:39:35 PM »
Thanks guys; please any info or guides would be helpful or websites of where to get nice stuff for it.

Offline zukmonster

• GO DAWGS!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 05:55:25 PM »
Thanks guys; please any info or guides would be helpful or websites of where to get nice stuff for it.

what are your plans for it? knowing what your plans are some can help point you in the right direction. is this site the only site that your a member of? there are more forums out there that you can join, and you will get a better idea of what you like.

Offline 87Suzi

• Love this little thing!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 06:29:08 PM »
Lowrangeoffroad.com is a great place to look. And eBay is a good way to find things. Stock suspension won't fit much of a tire but if you lift it a little you to an squeeze some under it.. that thing looks awesome! I wish mine was that clean. But yea I'd start with a lift, personally I went 1.5" but I think 3" would be nice, but then I'd have steering problems and have to pay to fix that. It's all really bases on what you need out of it. And I've learned it doesn't take much, mine is super capable and probably the smallest rig on here

Offline Bama Bill

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 08:45:24 PM »
Welcome to the forum! What year is that and where are you located?Very nice.i sold my tin top and could kick myself in the butt.
Bill
91 Samurai 2wd
Montgomery,Al

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 08:59:52 PM »
I ain't going that extreme, I am located in Germany but will be taking it down to Libya  ;D for a work mission so its gonna be alot of fun in a rugged train; what I am thinking of adding is mud flaps roof rack and lights and nice all terrain tires from bf goodrich, can any of you post a pic of how the samurai looks like with 235/75/15 and if possible 215/75/15, just need to know the sizes I can stick on it by keeping it stock, because the stock height of the car is pretty good.  The model is a 96

Offline 87Suzi

• Love this little thing!
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 06:33:42 PM »
My 87 with 225/70R16 BFG A/T KO tires, that's stock suspension and needed some trimming to prevent that, it's now lifted 1.5" and this makes it fit better.

Offline Boxcar

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 09:22:06 AM »
Nice TT.
 If your not into trimming sheet metal run the 215 s.
You can get away with a roof rack on your Zuke, as long as you don't overload it.Think stability....
If you want offroad lighting run LED s .Yes they cost more , but your little alternator will thank you for it....Boxcar...
God Bless
88.5 Samurai Heavily modified.

Offline airdreams1

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 10:02:07 PM »
you will loose quite a bit of gas milage with a roof rack.  but if that isn't a concern then by all means put one on.
87 Samurai  soft top

Offline mrdezyne

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 07:24:09 AM »
WOW!  that thing looks fresh off the show room floor!  If you have the room and funds, I'd say leave that one bone stock and as clean as a whistle as is.  Go find another project Sammi and start building.  The thing is, once you start modding one its addictive and one mod leads to another and so on... it would be a shame to see that pristine example of a TT modded too much...  very nice rig!

Offline tuxblacray

• Building a Bigger Better Brute Samurai.... B-}
    • Tuxblacray Photos
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 07:59:30 AM »
Very nice... I would just drive that dude and take care of it. You will soon learn that yours is different already because it loooks to be sooo OEM. That in itself make it worth a nice bunch of coin.
I know the voices aren't real.... but they have some pretty kewl ideas!!! Tux.....  ;-)
I get my Sammi parts here, and you can too... http://www.mikodaindustries.com/http://stores.ebay.com/sticksnstones4x4samuraiparts

Offline 02CalTaco

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 09:30:20 AM »
Wanna trade, mine has ac...well kinda, needs something to make it work lol. That is sooo clean, I would love to own that. Just curious, how much in US $ does one like that sell for?