Hello Guest

Members Rides Info thread (PICTURE THREAD)

• 866 Replies

Offline mlovetripp0

• do more with less
Re: Members Rides Info thread
« Reply #360 on: April 09, 2007, 09:23:52 PM »
goodlookin zuk wish mine looked that sharpe
i luv all the different suzuki graphics they were creative
87 sammi

Offline darkd

• offroadfun.de
« Reply #361 on: April 10, 2007, 06:38:35 AM »
|removethispart|@Tyson: Anything new about the shocks? I m using front Cherokee XJ.
Suzuki Sidekick 1,6 8v Supercharged

www.offroadfun.de
We don´t need any Roads!

Offline TysonS

• www.funinbc.com
« Reply #362 on: April 10, 2007, 11:13:26 AM »
I sent him a email but i never got a reply.  I will see if i still have the shock boxes or not and the info might be on there, i will try and look into it tonight as I don't think I will have any homework.
2 Dr. 91'  8v Sidekick| 3" Body Lift | 4" Gas Tank Lift | 3.5" Suspension Lift | Snorkel | Custom Bumpers | Sliders | 31" LTB's | Detroit | 4.24 Tcase | TT front locker soon

Offline blasterfan

• SHEAAAAA
« Reply #363 on: April 10, 2007, 04:35:16 PM »
85 tin top: spoa, weber, thourly, mud kings, no rust, shackels bumpers

88.5 soft top: spoa, lift springs, shackels, 1.6L, hybrid real axle, yota drivshafts, 5:13 gears, bumpers, winch, rear rad, 5 points and buckets, ltbs, lockers, custom exhaust, some trail scars and alot of army green paint

Trackin92

« Reply #364 on: April 10, 2007, 08:03:08 PM »
Looks awesome. how'ed the seats fit in?
any pics of the mounts and how you modified them?
Well with me still being in high school some of my buddies are in a shop class so we made the brackets in there which on the inside of the seat we used an L bracket I think on the front. the back inside part uses stock hole. The outside bracket is a nice size I-beam lol which seriously weighs as much as the seats so we bolted those to the slide rails and then drilled holes through the under body and bolted it to the I-beams. I will get some pics up of them sometime soon on here or cardomain. For the 4 point harnesses they bolted into the rear left where the old seat went, the other side bolted to where the old seat belt went and the back straps bolted to where the old bolts from the rear seat went. But I will try and get some pics up here soon hopefully when it warms up.

Offline TysonS

• www.funinbc.com
« Reply #365 on: April 10, 2007, 10:40:06 PM »
I couldn't find the box for the shocks but on that shock body itself it said P289X  ::) Im not sure if this is of any help, i will keep looking for the monroe part number...

edit, after alot of digging i found it, Monroe Part # 32162
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 10:51:25 PM by TysonS »
2 Dr. 91'  8v Sidekick| 3" Body Lift | 4" Gas Tank Lift | 3.5" Suspension Lift | Snorkel | Custom Bumpers | Sliders | 31" LTB's | Detroit | 4.24 Tcase | TT front locker soon

Offline joe_and_jeep

• Why have a Rev Limiter and not use it?
« Reply #366 on: April 15, 2007, 08:54:59 PM »

Soon to be SAS... 
96 Tracker DD - 2in, 30s
95 Tracker Under the Knife - 4.3V6 - Rest Unknown
91 Jeep YJ Full Cage, Tri Link, D44/D44 35s
84 Jeep XJ Doubler HP44/9IN 35s

g-man

« Reply #367 on: April 30, 2007, 07:06:40 PM »
Here is mine, not many mods as of yet but being on the forum has peaked my interest and brought alot of cool ideas to light. I love to trail ride in this so I will not get a huge lift or anything but some 29s would be nice. This is my third suzuki, first two were Sami's. Fun and loads cheaper than a jeep.

Trackin92

« Reply #368 on: April 30, 2007, 09:07:29 PM »
I can finally start my suspension work now since im starting to get money coming my way so i ordered 1.5" coil spacers and got them today and now im working on 3" body lift which I will then get 31's and then 3"suspension lift haha cant wait. My Tracker has been needing a lift for awile now lol. On those spacers it said somethin about having to get longer shocks and somethin about different struts up front. Instead of getting different struts could I just flip the mounts or whatever I have seen on this forum before and that would sae the hassle of getting new ones. What about the shocks do I need to get new ones that are longer or is there somethin i can do to eliminate that? Anyways help would be greatly appreciated since Im new to suspension lifts completely.

g-man

« Reply #369 on: May 01, 2007, 08:38:45 AM »
You may do a search and/or post this in a different place. I have read on here people using the shocks off a crown victoria on there lifts so that may be a good place to start your search. Good luck on your lift!

Trackin92

« Reply #370 on: May 01, 2007, 10:58:20 AM »
alright cool thanks

Offline 95tracker

• It'll fit Perfect!!!
« Reply #371 on: May 02, 2007, 01:29:38 PM »
I used 78 Lincoln Continental rear shocks they are alot longer than the stock ones and give you a lot of articulation in the rear. My spring doesn't fall out but i can move it around a little and git it out. but it hasnt caused any problems in the 1 year (+) i have had them

Trackin92

« Reply #372 on: May 02, 2007, 04:53:41 PM »
Ok so I obviously need longer shocks and it looks like from a Lincoln. What about up front the struts?

Oh nice comment about the wrecks and Indiana. I myself say oh shit like when I hit a deer lol

Offline jeff1997

• Suzuki: A Jeep thing only cheaper!!!!
« Reply #373 on: May 02, 2007, 05:54:49 PM »
Hey trackin92, I think you bought the spacers from me on ebay??? The instructions I sent with the spacers has the part # for longer rear shocks. They are pretty cheap, if I remember right. I hope the install goes good for you and I recommend flipping the front strut mount. Look on here for the instructions.
1997 4dr. Sidekick Sport 1.8L DOHC
2" coil spacers- I make and sell 1.5" and 2" on e-bay.  Look under seller: hoepkers
3" Masterkit1 body lift
Custom strut spacers
31/11.50/16 Super Swamper LTB's w/1.5" wheel spacers Steel bumpers Custom cold air intake 2" exhaust w/cherry bomb 98 Expedition, 2" lift, 35's, Magnaflow exhaust - BIG BLUE

Trackin92

« Reply #374 on: May 02, 2007, 07:10:54 PM »
It all depends on whats the cheapest right now because im trying to get the next part of my kit the body lift then suspension. How much are they?