Hello Guest

What would you drive if there were no more trackers?

• 29 Replies

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
Re: What would you drive if there were no more trackers?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 09:44:32 PM »
Might go with a Daihatsu Rocky, or build up a Scout 800 series.  I love those things...

Or maybe a Lada?

Fifth Gear [20x02] - Lada Niva
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 10:02:49 PM by Drone637 »
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline 1969dane

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2011, 12:01:57 PM »
 I contacted Australia where they sell jimnys. If so many people want one why can't we get them? Can someone start a petion to get Suzuki USA to carrry that model. I hear they have turbo versions availible!! Or we could do a group buy. :laugh:
Leaf springs rule!!

Offline Tryggvi

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 01:47:50 PM »
Hi

I think that even if it spends way more gas, is allot heavier, wider and costs a ton of $$$$$... The Ford Raptor is one bad a** vehicle capable of almost anything. The pure fun factor of driving such a vehicle would of set allot of the negatives in my mind. Plus it comes equipped with 35" tires and over 400 HP form the factory and has FOX suspension parts capable of jumping the rig... Again and again and again.

Then again in the real world were money really is a major concern and if for any reason my Suzuki would cease to exist. Then I would probably start using me and my dad's 1974 Ford Bronco again. I rebuilt the engine myself to be putting out about 350HP, 35" MT HP tires, Dana 44 front with disk brakes and True Track locker, Soft No-Spin in the 9" rear, 6 point roll bar, dual 2.5" exhaust with H-pipe and tons more of fun stuff. It is in the hands of my friend at his body/paint shop for a total overhaul. Though the Bronco spends allot of gas as well, it's allready mine :)

Best regards,
Tryggvi
Regards from Iceland
----------------------------
Suzuki Sidekick Sport 1997 AT 33" - 1.8L - 3.5"+ 2" Lift
Rear axle skid plate - 5.83 R&P Locked Front & Rear

Offline jzap

• How difficult can it be?
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 06:29:15 PM »
If money were no object, maybe something like an ICON FJ40 series...

Jim Z.
96 Tracker
66 Apache camper

Offline talonxracer

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 07:29:25 PM »
I contacted Australia where they sell jimnys. If so many people want one why can't we get them? Can someone start a petion to get Suzuki USA to carrry that model. I hear they have turbo versions availible!! Or we could do a group buy. :laugh:

It would be next to impossible to import a non usdm vehicle other than for show these days. The Jimny would require a ECU, emissions and safety items that meets todays standards, very costly!
Tim "the toolman" Taylor is my HERO !!!

The only GOOD Commie is the commie taking a dirt nap....

Offline swanson

• 89 chevy tracker
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 02:45:38 AM »
Hi

I think that even if it spends way more gas, is allot heavier, wider and costs a ton of $$$$$... The Ford Raptor is one bad a** vehicle capable of almost anything. The pure fun factor of driving such a vehicle would of set allot of the negatives in my mind. Plus it comes equipped with 35" tires and over 400 HP form the factory and has FOX suspension parts capable of jumping the rig... Again and again and again.

Then again in the real world were money really is a major concern and if for any reason my Suzuki would cease to exist. Then I would probably start using me and my dad's 1974 Ford Bronco again. I rebuilt the engine myself to be putting out about 350HP, 35" MT HP tires, Dana 44 front with disk brakes and True Track locker, Soft No-Spin in the 9" rear, 6 point roll bar, dual 2.5" exhaust with H-pipe and tons more of fun stuff. It is in the hands of my friend at his body/paint shop for a total overhaul. Though the Bronco spends allot of gas as well, it's allready mine :)

Best regards,
Tryggvi

one of the logging companys here use the raptors. if they can survive those guys they can survive damn near anything haha.

Offline talonxracer

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 06:32:32 AM »
FORD = Found On Road Dead

FORD = Fukced Over Rebuilt Dodge

LOL, LOL, LOL,

Offline MongooseVRX

• M.O.S. forum
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 07:06:49 AM »
I would have to go with the wrangler rubicon. Dana 44's, factory lockers swar bar disconect, convertable, and manual trans available. Not so hot on the minivan motors though...
1993 2-Door Tracker 1.6l 8v 5-speed manual hubs

Minnesota Overland

Offline keith

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 01:41:23 PM »
I would have to go with the wrangler rubicon. Dana 44's, factory lockers swar bar disconect, convertable, and manual trans available. Not so hot on the minivan motors though...

The gas mileage of a Wrangler is a huge letdown over a Tracker/Sidekick.  I REALLY miss 23 mpg.  I do like having a 3500 pound tow rating though.  I have a 2005 Wrangler Unlimited.

Offline talonxracer

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2012, 05:54:32 PM »
 If there was no such critter as the track/kicks, their is only one option, a Toyota minitruck extended cab dovetailed nose with linked spider-trax axles.

Offline brenzuk

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 07:08:19 AM »
If the question is "what would you drive if you could have anything you want?" I would say new Jimny, or a frame-off freshened sami with Toyota axles, gears, coils, ARB's, and a suzuki V-6 on 35's.

If the question is "What would you drive in the real world?" I would say a 90's Toyota pickup, extented cab(for kids), flatbed, small lift, on 33's.  This truck would suit most of my needs affordably.

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 05:42:43 PM »
That would be a sad situation for sure, but if that were the case, I would go back to a Toyota or Jeep 4x4 pickup.

my sonoutlaw just picked up a 65 Jeep pickup. I hope he doesn't plan on IT being a dd :laugh:
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 05:53:31 PM »
Oh, I thought the question was what would I drive in the real world. Yeah, I'd like a Ford Raptor and an Icon! and all the fuel I can burn for free! Hell, why stop there, I'd also want a Turbo Hyabusa for squeezing out whatever adrenalin I have left. I always have my old Ford PU. Fix or repair daily, blah blah blah, heard em all. 145000 and counting, runs great. Maybe a F250 7.2D. If I can't finesse it I can push it outa the way
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline Boxcar

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 06:56:06 PM »
I'd drive a Samurai ....Never liked side kicks anyway....Boxcar...
God Bless
88.5 Samurai Heavily modified.

Offline Jonny Rash

• Too many Samurais, too little time
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2012, 02:51:16 PM »
Duh, A Samurai!  8)

I like Sidekicks though.  ;)
25+ years of Samurai ownership!