Hello Guest

my 1st sammy!! help!

• 1 Replies

my 1st sammy!! help!
« on: July 11, 2011, 03:46:38 PM »
i have a 1994 tbi 1.3 liter that is shot! i was wondering if you can use a 1.6 liter 16 valve block with a my 1.3 liter head??

Offline rbparker

Re: my 1st sammy!! help!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 05:08:04 PM »
Yes you can. A common recommendation is to find some 1.6 8v exhaust valves to put in the 1.3 head. They are suppose to be an almost stock fit besides the seat being a larger diameter. Just include or order the valves at the machine shop you get your valve job done at, and they should be able to seat the valves in. This will help the flow of the exhaust at high speeds, helping a lot in top end power. Or highway driving. People have also recommended leaving the stock 1.3 valves in the head for a better torque curve in the power band.
Once the head has been prepared (or not) you'll use either a 1.6 or 1.3 head gasket.
You'll use the 1.6 8v or 16v cam gear, NOT the 1.3 that's on the head now.
Buy a 1.6 8v timing belt, the tensioner, water pump, and oil pump are universal to the 1.6
You'll need to use the 1.6 pulleys on the crank. 1.3 is a V type belt, 1.6 is a different better design.
You'll need to use the 1.6 alternator and starter.
You'll need an adapter plate for the transmission.
You'll need to either buy some dodge rubber blocks (search for exact ones) or modified motor mounts.
I bought a package deal of the last 2 lines for 190 bucks shipped from RRO. I need to send a few drill bits through the screw holes of the passenger mount to get everything lined up well.  :(
Then you should be physically good.
You're motor is FI model so the computer may or may not adjust to the added displacement. Something you'll have to find the answer to. Shouldn't be to terrible.

In here has some pictures of my 1.3 head on 1.6 block running into timing belt issues.
http://www.zukiworld.com/forum/technical-discussion-beginner-repair/1-6-block-and-1-3-8v-head-issue/

You should be able to find anything else you may need to know buy using the search bar. This band-aid of a motor has been had a few times before us.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 05:09:54 PM by rbparker »