Hello Guest

Audi 1.8 turbo powered sidekick. PICTURES...!!!!!!!

• 330 Replies

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
Re: Audi 1.8 turbo powered sidekick. PICTURES...!!!!!!!
« Reply #240 on: July 02, 2011, 06:48:04 AM »
What the hell happened to that gearset  ??? Too bad, I was really looking to try a set of 4.62's in mine, I think they would be perfect gearing for mine.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline TheZuke

« Reply #241 on: July 02, 2011, 07:44:37 AM »
I really like the rear bumper.  It flows well with the body.  I will agree though, not my favorite color but not my not favorite, if that makes any sense.

Sorry about the rear differential.  I don't envy you at all with all of that axle twisting, pinion busting, ring gear chewing power.  No envy at all.  (read with scarcasm).
1990 Sidekick "The Zuke"  3/4" coil spacers, 33" tires and fender trimmin' to make em fit.  Not to mention all of the other trimmin'
1991 Sidekick "Rudy" Stock

Offline Jluck

« Reply #242 on: July 02, 2011, 07:53:03 AM »
What the hell happened to that gearset  ??? Too bad, I was really looking to try a set of 4.62's in mine, I think they would be perfect gearing for mine.

I don't know if the up hill 4 wheel drifts had anything to do with it but maybe?  :angel:, I wouldn't let this discourage you wanting to run 4.62's bent, there stronger in theory than the 5.125's (larger pinion W/4.62). so we shall see how long these last.

meh, the grey don't look right with that shade of red

It does look better in person but still just not quite rite.

Allright, now I wanna see some Wheelie shots! >:D

just not gunna happen now  :(....no more spool. will have to wait for the ARB.

I have been spending some time on spidertrax web site....hmmm...now to start making real $$$ again.... ;)
life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do about it!

Offline SIDEKICK65

« Reply #243 on: July 02, 2011, 10:35:27 AM »
Paint the bumper body color 8)

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #244 on: July 02, 2011, 06:41:46 PM »
That is a nice looking bumper, even that color.  I used black Hammerite on mine, just enough silver in it to throw the black off-color.

I won't say anything about the gears, been trying to be mostly conservative with mine.  The ARB will be very nice, it was an improvement from my locker, so coming from a spool you will really enjoy it.  And you can still light up both sides!  What size tires are you running? 
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline Jluck

« Reply #245 on: July 02, 2011, 06:54:10 PM »
I'm running 31" km2's, and i am going with open diff for a while too see if I can build a spider9.

Offline allout

« Reply #246 on: July 02, 2011, 07:11:50 PM »
Very nice lookin bumper. Meh on the color, its not that bad.
94 Tracker, SAS with YJ's, spartan locker front , welded rear, 33/10.50's, 4.24tcase gears, Warn M8000. Toy axles being built up.

Offline Jluck

« Reply #247 on: July 02, 2011, 09:22:21 PM »
That is a nice looking bumper, even that color.  I used black Hammerite on mine, just enough silver in it to throw the black off-color.

I won't say anything about the gears, been trying to be mostly conservative with mine.  The ARB will be very nice, it was an improvement from my locker, so coming from a spool you will really enjoy it.  And you can still light up both sides!  What size tires are you running? 
Very nice lookin bumper. Meh on the color, its not that bad.

thanks for the compliments. it don't look that good at <10' though. but not bad for a shop job I guess. if I paint it it will be black.,maybe wrinkle finish or the ole standbye bedliner.

Offline Jluck

« Reply #248 on: July 08, 2011, 04:10:15 PM »
I have been doing allot of research and data calculations on this motor and it looks as I am getting about 50% power out of it at the moment. the only permissive I don't have control over is boost PSI value to the electric boost controller. so I am waiting for a flash to get the boost from the current 4psi to 14psi. I am excited, i will really tear out the rears now. ;D

currently the rig is a fun performer but not radical as it should be or as I hoped. I can currently pass on steep inclines and gain speed (slowly) in 4Th but I want more!!!!! >:D

so over the next couple weeks/months I will be focusing on getting the motor 100% happy and putting down 230HP on the dyno.(250 would be better) ;)

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #249 on: July 08, 2011, 07:18:18 PM »
Don't know what you could do with 230 hp??  It rained a little yesterday and I couldn't speed up going on the freeway, it kept breaking loose up to 50 pph.  Must have been oil on the road.  With 230 hp, just thinking about it would probably break the tires loose.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline Drew 4.0

• FireCrafter.com
« Reply #250 on: July 08, 2011, 10:07:05 PM »
Good thing there is no such thing as to much horse power!!!  I can't imagine your rig with twice the hp, it's gonna be crazy!!!!  Can I have another ride :0)

Offline Jluck

« Reply #251 on: July 08, 2011, 10:21:23 PM »
Good thing there is no such thing as to much horse power!!!  I can't imagine your rig with twice the hp, it's gonna be crazy!!!!  Can I have another ride :0)

One of these days we should trade rigs for a trail. Then you can drive insted of ride  ;)
Don't know what you could do with 230 hp??  It rained a little yesterday and I couldn't speed up going on the freeway, it kept breaking loose up to 50 pph.  Must have been oil on the road.  With 230 hp, just thinking about it would probably break the tires loose.

It will be handy with the 37's and spider9's

« Reply #252 on: July 10, 2011, 11:38:26 AM »
I never dynod the Audi I had with the same motor. But according to a very well trusted and respected Audi guy in the area, with the mods and the flash it was some where in the 165 area. It was a blast to drive at that. I can not imagine 230 out of the same motor.
Beware of the Jeep thing, it makes it burn when you pee!!!!

Offline Jluck

« Reply #253 on: July 10, 2011, 09:47:23 PM »
I started with a ATC engine code.(180 HP) standalone is supposed to add 40-50. and exhaust,fuel rail etc. I hope to have a solid 200 at the rear. I am adding 10 more LBS of boost soon and maybe water/meth.

and I don't know if its the four door's longer wheel base or what but my rig has more hook up than I know what to do with. It will break em loose but as its pinning you back.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 09:50:03 PM by Jluck »

Offline Jluck

« Reply #254 on: July 11, 2011, 08:10:27 PM »
after finding my throttle cable slipped due to a last minute ghetto attachment, I was only getting 1/2 throttle I figured its time to do something. I didn't have much room between the TB butterfly lever, the coolant pipe and sensor. after some thought I realised the mounting bolt pattern was symmetrical I could rotate the TB 90* and have plenty of realestate for a bracket and cable.

enough yammering....