Hello Guest

Audi 1.8 turbo powered sidekick. PICTURES...!!!!!!!

• 330 Replies

Offline Jluck

got text back this afternoon. my harness is done,computer is programmed,ships tomorrow! hell yea!  ;D :D ;D 8)
life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do about it!

Offline Jluck

I got a few spare hours today. any guesses where I spent them..... ;)....

I got the exhaust most of the way done today. it tucked up real nice and I poked it through the rear bumper for some added protection (I don't think 1/8" stainless will need it though). maybe tomorrow I will smooth welds and do a half-ass polish like the rest of the pipe.

I think I have as many hours into the exhaust system as I do the whole rest of the build. :laugh:

a side note: the paypal gangsters froze my account due to the amount I sent for the harness so now I have to wait for them to pull there heads out of there asses. might delay my harness 3-4 days. I'm pissed  >:(

also have a face lift in the kick's near future.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 01:25:39 PM by Jluck »

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Looks good... You may want more clearance around the pipe for movement. ??? I think it may rattle a bit...

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

I had a 1998 Audi A4 with S4 suspension and wheels. The ECU had been reprogrammed and the exhaust tweeked. Thing was a friggin blast to drive. It  was a quatro car and stuck to the road like crazy. I miss that car. It had 180K miles when i sold it and was still tight as could be. It was getting to be a huge amount of preventitive maintenance so I sold it. It was amazing how good that car did for the miles.

That is a terrific engine you are using. Gobs of power and very dependable. I didnt see how many miles your donor car had. Just make sure you keep to the scheduled times for the timing belt.

Just for convo here is a pic of the audi.

Beware of the Jeep thing, it makes it burn when you pee!!!!

Offline Jluck

Looks good... You may want more clearance around the pipe for movement. ??? I think it may rattle a bit...

-Eric

I am going to use a silicone sleeve and open the hole up some too.

wvscotsman-
Yep they are sweet engines and nice car you had there too. I am thinking about getting a wagon for parts running purposes. And my motor has 44k and I have two others with under 70k for back-up.And once I get the bugs worked out I will do a new timing belt with the mechanical tensioner conversion and pulleys and.....
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 06:49:38 PM by Jluck »

I would love to have an S4 avant wagon. Sexiest damn station wagon i have ever seen. 

We see the Audi sometimes and it just about kills me. Car was so unique. Not a day went by driving that car someone didnt stop me to talk about it.

I am happy with my sammi though. If a rock flies up and hits it i dont sweat it too much where with the Audi i would cry.

That thing is going to scream with that engine in it. Should really turn some heads as that engine has a pretty unique exhaust note.

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
Love the exhaust outlet....Tricky!
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline Jluck

here we are again....

good shop day today. yesterday I spent all day getting a drive by cable throttle body to replace the drive by wire one the Audi TT roadster came with. I removed the ball-stud,drilled out a hole for the Suzuki barrel type throttle cable and machined other grooves/channels to route cable and barrel. then made a cable bracket and was done with that project. next I threw a Lil' bling to it in the way of a real BOV (blow-off-valve). then back to that damn exhaust.dinner tonight consisted of stainless dust and grinder sparks. :laugh: but one more hanger and some way to silence the exhaust through bumper noise and I'm done.
also had to add a higher radiator fill neck. (it was for a 03 dakota) and tap a intake hose next to the turbo for my N75 boost controller valve.

paypal got my payment straightened out for my standalone and harness so hopefully it went in the mail today. ;D

Offline bentparts

Pretty crafty work on that throttle body adaptation.  ;)

Offline Jluck

not alot of visual progress today. did put in the clear corner lights and LED's. and alot of unseen little odds and ends. I could drive this thing if I had the electronics.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 08:57:33 PM by Jluck »

Offline Jluck

wiring this weekend. :)  stuff shipped out today (2 day air). next report.......running?......vid?........hummm..... ;D. I just hope it works out better than the diesel.

please.....please.... :angel:

wish me luck fellers. and locals (or those that want to make a trip) are welcome.

Keep it up man!! Watching this with wishes and empty pockets. I have decided the most practical swap for me would be a 16V 1.6.

Offline bentparts

GOOD LUCK!  ;D

Offline BRD HNTR

Your attention to detail and finishing should pay off now, you won't have much that isn't done right the first time (something always sneaks in).  The wiring looks like it should be Plug & Play, even though up under the dash isn't much fun.  It is gong to be awesome, just getting in and going without pushing to get on the highway.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline Jluck

looks alot like smoke in that tail pipe...... ;)