Hello Guest

Audi 1.8 turbo powered sidekick. PICTURES...!!!!!!!

• 330 Replies

Offline BRD HNTR

WOW, your patience and attention to detail is really paying off!!!  I can't believe how nice that engine bay looks!!!!

I agree.  I do want to see it, and yours someday soon.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline Drew 4.0

• FireCrafter.com
You might have to plan a trip down this way or invite us up for a weekend of wheelin.  I almost PM'd you, my wife and I were in Seatle for the weekend, but we were busy with family and we drove her car ... Greg said he had fun in Moab with you and some of his pics looked really cool, if we can't all meet up before we should try to meet up on some future run!!!

Offline djlantis57

• Take your chrome home
In your last picture, where did you get that a-pillar pod for your gauges? Is it for a different make and model, how's the fit?
God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things.  Right now I am so far behind, I will never die.
90 Tracker LSi 2dr tintop 5spd: slow toy . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 08 Pontiac G8 GT: fast toy
90 Tracker LSi 2dr 5spd: SOLD.......95 Tracker 2dr 5spd: parts..........90 Sidekick JX 5spd: HI, my name's DJ and I have an addiction.........93 Tracker 2dr 2wd 5spd: PS donor/poss. 4x4 swap from 95 parts

Offline Jluck

its a "universal" one from glowshift (I think) got it from ebay. there designed to heat and mold to fit. its ok but not perfect. I should have it in soon.
life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do about it!

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
I initially tried one of those same ones from gloshift to mount my guages, but just couldn't get the angles right to be able to see them well. Hope you have better Jluck. haha.   And, your engine bay does look great.

Not to get off topic, but I feel the need to mention this. One of the upullits I went to looking for fan parts was staffed by a group of idiots whose combined iq was less than 100, and there were 4 of 'em. Anyway, when I told one of the creatins what I was looking for, he said " why would you even drive one of those." I wished I had mine there to show him WHY.  Or Yours,  and many others here too, but I think it would all be lost on him and his pea brain.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline Drew 4.0

• FireCrafter.com
I put one of the universal 2 pod gauge mounts from auto zone and it works pretty good, the gauges are lined up right at a good angle but it only goes 3/4 of the way up my a pillar and where it stops is a little funky, but not terrible, kinda wish I would have gotten one with 3 pods....

Offline Jluck

this might not look like much to anybody but it felt damn good to see that fuel pressure gauge rise!  :). like a noob, the last time I put it together I crossed the lines behind the head.
I also wired in the electric fan and made a outlet for the diverter (blow off valve). I am going to hit 'er hard tomorrow I hope.

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
Man, you are sooooo close, can't wait for you tyo get the electrics sorted and get that thing running. I be it's gonna be a screamer! Your going to get addicted to that turbo whoosh and never get off boost! ;D
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline BRD HNTR

Patiently waiting to hear it.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline Jluck

Patiently waiting to hear it.

me too. I have not gotten one damn email back from the guy who is doing my harness and read on some forums he is super slow. (one guy waited 4 1/2 months) >:( so I am looking into another company now but it looks like its going to be 700-1000 more than the first. :'(

I want this thing done for memorial day weekend.

today I spent hours on it and really didn't get much dramatic progress. I got my gauges in and finally hooked up to the dimmer to work with the OE cluster and put in mini buss bars for each lead to have a clean common place.......
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 09:03:37 AM by Jluck »

Offline wildgoody

• Turbocharged 150HP 1.6L 8V 93MPH 1/4 mile
Well you know the old saying.............. If you want something done.............

Hope you can light a fire under that guy and get your harness in time

Wild
Real Trucks Are Built, Not Bought,
And Chrome Don't Get Ya Home.  

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Offline Jluck

Well you know the old saying.............. If you want something done.............
Hope you can light a fire under that guy and get your harness in time

Wild

I know.....it's the computer and software I cant do myself. I hope I get some good news this week.

today I didn't have much time with mothers day and all....but I did fix the hole for the twin-sticks. my welder recently got f-d up so I had to use some body icing to smooth out the floor.... ::)

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Jared - I think you need more gauges!

:)

but seriously, it's looking good man. I hope you can get that wiring guy soon.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Jluck

-Eric

The master has spoken! 8 more gauges on order! :P JK!

I just got off the phone with the computer guy! I'm so excited I can barley type!!! My standalone will be done and overnighted to me by this weekend!

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online

-Eric

The master has spoken! 8 more gauges on order! :P JK!

I just got off the phone with the computer guy! I'm so excited I can barley type!!! My standalone will be done and overnighted to me by this weekend!

Very cool!

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!