Hello Guest

Audi 1.8 turbo powered sidekick. PICTURES...!!!!!!!

• 330 Replies

Offline BRD HNTR

I spent weeks, just getting the cross connections on paper.  Then after wiring it I couldn't get rid of a communication fault, so I completely rewired the cross connections only to find a ground that I know was not hooked up. Works great now.   Suzuki computers are a lot more forgiving than all the WARNING's indicate.  I hope the Audi's are too for you.

I found it very helpful to put the page number or numbers for each pin, when I made my list.  It helps to just jump back to it when you find two wires going to same place.

93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline Jluck

I may have found another option. I am currently looking in to it.

while waiting for some confirmation on the "other option", I spent most of the day working on little odd's and ends that I have been procrastinating on. (drivelines,check&fill all fluids,changed out a couple bolts that have been bugging me. etc). also hi-graded some headlights for the Audikick  

the photos suck but better than nothing. my camera has a mind of its own!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 09:44:30 PM by Jluck »
life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do about it!

Offline Drew 4.0

• FireCrafter.com
It looks so much happier with the front end back on!!!  I really like the color of your kick, I've always had a soft spot for red rigs.  When you get ready to start in on the wiring and get all your schematics let me know, I really think that with a little patience perseverance and a few more grey hairs we can figure it out and I think that you will be much happier in the long run if you are proactively involved in the wiring.  Knowing what you've got and where you've got it will be very beneficial should you ever have to fix, upgrade or change anything.  I was able to make it to see Duncan before they closed but he didn't have the cowl seal in....  I've got your sweet new zip tie things and will bring them to dinner, I'll let you know as soon as the cowl rubber comes in.

Offline Jluck

once again at the mercy of Mr. delivery dude. the only real engine related thing I did was "built" a lower radiator hose using one silicone elbow,a union,two "bandit" clamps,and a rubber hose and made my first silicone hose out of the whole mess. (I used self bonding silicone tape) its what all the silicone hoses/connectors are made with, its cool stuff.

then turned to the rear....when I get spare moments I am going to build a rear bumper. I used a old full size receiver hitch with a real 2" stinger port.,cut it down used some angle to attach it to the frame and will integrate it in to the whole rear bumper assy.    
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 09:49:32 PM by Jluck »

Offline Drew 4.0

• FireCrafter.com
remember how you build that bumper so you can help me make one when your done!!!  Looks good, are you going to integrate back up lights, can rack or swing away spare?  I finally got my back up light fixed after breaking it on your hill, wish I had them built into a bumper with some protection.... 

Offline Jluck

remember how you build that bumper so you can help me make one when your done!!!  Looks good, are you going to integrate back up lights, can rack or swing away spare?  I finally got my back up light fixed after breaking it on your hill, wish I had them built into a bumper with some protection.... 

Yep yep And yep! And I already have "better" ideas for a second one.

Offline Jluck

no motor goodies today soooo back to the rear.......

Offline Drew 4.0

• FireCrafter.com
looks good can't wait to see how you rig up a swing away spare tire rack without hiding your rear tail lights.   

Offline Jluck

heres a few more of the rear. you get the idea i'm sure. I wont put any more up until its done. ;)

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 04:08:46 PM by Jluck »

Offline SIDEKICK65

Bumper is looking good.ill take a front bumper for mine when you have time. lol

Offline Jluck

I'll keep you in mind when I have some of that "free time" :P.I might build a front one for mine next.

Offline whitfield

• 4-dr Kick on 34's
WOW ~  Nice build you have going on.

My bro-in-law had a Audi AWD wagon that would smoke all 4 in 3rd when you stand on it.  It defiantly got me thinking...

Any educated guess how the Audi will react in the truck platform?  (Different tranny gear spacing / heavier chassis / block aero package )  Just curious as I fully expected the VW Diesel to be the perfect swap. 

I'm always looking out for outside the box swaps and think very highly of this one (Cant wait to see the results).

Old Dog looking to learn some new tricks. 

Offline SIDEKICK65

hey jluck are you still going to give me the info or part# on the super coupe radiator that you used in the Audikick.that way i can see what kind of deal i can get on them???

Offline Jluck

Whitfield- I'm tring to keep my expectations low as I was so heartbroken over the diesel ordeal. But I am hoping for 20+ mpg and I will have about 50 more hp than stock Audi from the get-go.(230-250) I think it will be great.
And I will have about the same if not lighter curb weight than the TT roadster!!!

Sidekick65- The radiator I used was a csf brand PN# 2634 found it at autoparts wharehouse (I think). For like 160.00
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 08:12:05 PM by Jluck »

Offline Drew 4.0

• FireCrafter.com
Man I like that rear bumper!!  It is shaping up really nice, keep up the good work!!