Hello Guest

Must Watch Commercial! With Tracker!

• 33 Replies

Offline BARLEY

• No One Lives Forever...
Must Watch Commercial! With Tracker!
« on: December 27, 2010, 10:55:44 AM »

Re: Must Watch Commercial! With Tracker!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 11:05:11 AM »
Nice find! If you look realllllllly hard at the door, you can barely make out the "S" and the "K" on the door plate, so I am going to go with Sidekick, and a early one going by the grill...

Offline LilRed

• Webshots Photopage
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 05:11:35 PM »
ha ha! Very cool!  Thanks for posting!
some clips from The Wishbone Ranch
http://www.youtube.com/user/KyLilRed

Offline Toy Box

• 00 Grand Vitara
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 06:45:51 PM »
With a Bird bath though the t-case.
You Play you Pay

Offline Skyhiranger

• I don't buy, what I can build
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 08:06:41 PM »
Nice find! If you look realllllllly hard at the door, you can barely make out the "S" and the "K" on the door plate, so I am going to go with Sidekick, and a early one going by the grill...

Ahh, you don't have to look that close.  The amber turn signals tells you it's a sidekick.
It is pre 96, because of the non-"puffy" grille.
Actually, it looks like it has the zip out side windows on the soft top, so that would make it a 95.....since 95 was the only year that you could get the zip out side windows top (second gen. top) and the non-"puffy" grille.
Of course this is all assuming that it is all factory and not a "custom" build.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 08:21:17 PM by Skyhiranger »
Tracker and Sidekick parts for sale.....PM me with your wants/needs.

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 09:07:30 PM »
 I noticed the grill also, and it looks ALOT like my 90 model, and my turn signals are clear... did you notice that it looks like it is a 2wd, since the "cap" in the center of the wheel looks solid  and chromey?

Offline Skyhiranger

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 09:17:18 PM »
I noticed the grill also, and it looks ALOT like my 90 model, and my turn signals are clear... did you notice that it looks like it is a 2wd, since the "cap" in the center of the wheel looks solid  and chromey?

Sidekicks had amber turn signals from the factory.  Trackers had clear turn signals from the factory.
Yeah, I noticed the center of the front wheels too.  Couldn't tell if it was aftermarket hubs on it, just center caps (or center caps covering auto hubs), or what.
Like I said, if it is all factory parts (top, grille, turn signals, hood), then it is a 95 sidekick.  But it is obvious it has some aftermarket stuff on it (wheels at least, and probably paint and stripes), so who knows. ???

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 05:11:59 AM »
I saw that commercial this weekend.... "and a new car".... nice....
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 06:07:31 AM »

Sidekicks had amber turn signals from the factory.  Trackers had clear turn signals from the factory.
Yeah, I noticed the center of the front wheels too.  Couldn't tell if it was aftermarket hubs on it, just center caps (or center caps covering auto hubs), or what.
Like I said, if it is all factory parts (top, grille, turn signals, hood), then it is a 95 sidekick.  But it is obvious it has some aftermarket stuff on it (wheels at least, and probably paint and stripes), so who knows. ???

Sky, I am didn't mean to contradict you on the turnsignal thing. I misread what you had typed about the amber lights. Sorry.

Offline Skyhiranger

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 08:17:08 AM »

Sky, I am didn't mean to contradict you on the turnsignal thing. I misread what you had typed about the amber lights. Sorry.

No problem.  I just thought maybe you were saying that you have a sidekick with clear signal lights (meaning either you or someone else had swapped them out.....I've done that myself, BTW). ;)

Offline jawman

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 11:05:28 AM »
I couldnt tell you what it said on the door to save my life, but it does have the ''S'' on the grill and not ''GEO". I like those wheels too.
Zuki addict. I have five zuks right now and not even thinking about stopping.
87 Sami tin top
91 4 door SOLD
93 4 door
95 4 door
95 Geo 2dr V6
keep them coming

Offline mike5721947

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 12:08:29 PM »
acually its not the suzuki symbol on the grille. its a different symbol (more like the pepsi logo...)
1990 Suzuki sidekick 2Dr Conv.
385,000 km and still going strong.
31" kumhos 3inchs of lift.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 01:08:17 PM »
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline Jluck

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 04:18:43 PM »
dang trademark/copyright laws! I guess its a mystery and no one will ever figure out what it is(where's Perry when you need him?)  :laugh: thanks for the vid. BTW
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 04:22:00 PM by Jluck »
life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do about it!

Offline fuzzy1

• It's not about hair, it's about the logic
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 09:31:21 PM »
Heh, pretty cool. Yep the logos have been altered & I'm gonna say the decal on the door/quarter is brushed in too, it doesn't look like it belongs. Black bumpers & mirrors, flat grille, it's early & not an Lsi.
I like the "Beep beep" of the horn when it lands. For those that remember the the old Geo Tracker commercials... Tracker pulls up with smiling occupants... "Beep beep... HI!!" *gg I don't miss that commercial*
'97 Sidekick Sport 1" spacer lift 225/75R16 Cooper AT's. Pioneer Sound, 14" Grant Steering Wheel.Otherwise mostly stock
'96 Tracker 1.6l 16v 3spd Auto 4x4 85k - 1 1/2" OME Lift BFG 235/75 AT's on Ion Alloy 15x7's - Pioneer Sound - Custom Installed Hydraulic Drivers Seat (Sold)

Non Illegitimi Conterat