Hello Guest

transmission problem.

• 3 Replies

Offline inchaos10

transmission problem.
« on: December 15, 2010, 08:19:05 PM »
So my transmission wont go into gear. Its the 3 speed automatic, We just rebuilt it with new clutch`s , piston seal`s. valve gasket`s and some odd and end things. Everyone ive asked is saying the pump isent holding its pressure. that the oil is leaking through a seal somewhere. my next step is to replace the metal bushing in the pump and where ever els they are. or get a new pump. any insite will help.

Offline wildgoody

• Turbocharged 150HP 1.6L 8V 93MPH 1/4 mile
Re: transmission problem.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 08:27:55 PM »
Did you use a book or do it from memory?
there are so many little parts and check balls that something could
have been overlooked, did you take the pump apart? I think there
is a seal, a huge rubber O-ring that seals the front pump

WILD
Real Trucks Are Built, Not Bought,
And Chrome Don't Get Ya Home.  

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Offline inchaos10

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 11:23:22 AM »
I went By 2 different service manuels. I have it pulled out and back aprt to start over from the beginning. Im going to double check the piston seals and be sure the clutches are in right. From everyone i talked to they are saying its the pump or the oil is geting through somewhere. and not leting the pump build pressure.

Offline inchaos10

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 11:26:44 AM »
i dont recall but i think i might have missed the piston seal for the reverse clutch on the back of the pump. not sure that would cause my problem. and yes i have the o-ring for the pump on the outside. its not like the original but all the transmission shop say its the way the original was pressed in is why its shaped funny.