Offline wildgoody

• Turbocharged 150HP 1.6L 8V 93MPH 1/4 mile
I learned it by watching my dad, he slammed the doors
and they would pop back open or he would put tape
or silicone on them to hold them shut  :P

Wild
Real Trucks Are Built, Not Bought,
And Chrome Don't Get Ya Home.  

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos

So I guess with the Ebrake (and gassing) I was just smoking my brake lining on the passenger side when I had it in the air, oops..

Anyway, I was too busy to do anything with the bearing issue but I picked up a whole parts kick for 200 bucks from just up the road.  The guy kept blowing the fuel injector fuse and just gave up on it.  Its exactly like mine but has power windows but rust-ola to the max. I dont even think its worth messing with, Ill just pull out the motor/axels ditch the body.  Ill pull all odds and ends I can get out in a day.  Finally I can get a new glovebox latch (drives me crazy) and good door handle maybe even get my fuel gauge working :laugh:

Hey before you haul that rig to the scrappers, I'd buy the power window stuff ( all of it, motors, regs, wiring and switches ) from you.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline marcello

Sorry to bring an old thread back to life, just wondering what ever happened to this issue.  Could the whirlilng sound be the manual hub mechanism.  I know on my 1990 kick, I pretty much exhausted every part in the front end and was still getting the whirling sound and as soon as I replaced the locking hub, all went away!! 

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
Yeah, he never did say if he got it sorted out.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline sohip

Sorry guys, I havn't touched the sidekick since I posted this long, long  ago.

I straightened out the bearing/heating up issue.  And drove it all winter and no probs.

That whirling issue is still there when I lock up the hubs tho,  I just live with it,  drive it till it blows up I guess.  I live up here in canada and we had the worst winter ever ! litteraly tons on snow and i never got stuck once,  I just lock and unlock the hubs as needed. 

My valves seal leak a bit, so I get smoke at start up and clears up.  This makes me feel like a real winner when the neighbors are watching  :-[ the steering a little loosey goosey ,  got typical rust, no fuel gauge, couple busted door handles, 1+ soft shock.  Im just not sure if it worth fixing theses little things.  Its an auto 4 door which I bought just "in case" wife needed it but she bought a Toyota now.  It runs like a sewing machine but kinda losing intrest in it ,  :-* maybe rekindle the love with a 2 door 5speed in the summer  :-*
1993 Sidekick 4dr, Auto, Winch

Edmonton, Alberta