Hello Guest

mixture control solenoid?

• 1 Replies

Offline airmanwilliams

mixture control solenoid?
« on: August 30, 2010, 06:37:59 AM »
ok so I failed emissions for the second time and my mechanic says its the mixture control solenoid thats bad because hes connected power to it and it wont click. So I thought since hes going to have it apart I will see if he can rebuild a carb, I then picked up a spare carb from a friend for the mechanic to rebuild for me so I am not out a vehicle for long.

I cant find a new mixture control solenoid anywhere so does anyone know where I can get one? I hope that the one in the spare carb will work though if I cant find one. And besides the rebuild and making sure I get my venturi tube in the newly rebuilt carb are there any other upgrades to a stock carb that I can put on?

Thank you, Brandon
1993 4door Suzuki Sidekick JX

Offline lv2fsh

Re: mixture control solenoid?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 10:56:39 AM »
You need to check with a large carb rebuilder for possible source for the solenoids. They aren't cheap. If they go bad, the emission system doesn't work and the carb will be told by the ecm to run rich. The factory service manual calls for testing it just like your guy did. You put power to the plug and you can hear it click. You don't hear it clicking when the engine is running because it does it so rapidly you can't hear it.