Hello Guest

Suzie SAS Build!!

• 84 Replies

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
Re: Suzie SAS Build!!
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 05:11:04 AM »
I also was wondering about the tire size... With the 5.71's I'm guessing 33-35's... Did you mock up a full size spare before mounting the CB antenna? A 33 takes up alot of room.  :-\

Zig

a 33" spare on my 2 door

Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline S.Sidekick

• Suzi Suzuki
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010, 12:47:30 PM »
ya it was spintech, it sounds so burly for a 4cyl. beleive or not people always ask if i swaped the motor, lol

i have 4 stock leafs from both years. i will run those and thirty three inch swampers.  I have heard from some of my buddys the toyota leafs will flex great with my little rig.

i didnt mock it, but i am going to cut a square center section from the sidekicks stock tire mount then re-weld in a stronger peice with toyota lug specs in its place.

Offline S.Sidekick

• Suzi Suzuki
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 12:50:59 PM »
here are the tires i am going to use when i first get my gearing done. they are used but still street legal i got them for 70 bucks with rims, 5 of them. the rims are going to my buddys sand blasting shop and i am going to paint them black!  8)
they are 33x10.5x15 TSLs

Offline S.Sidekick

• Suzi Suzuki
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 12:56:59 AM »
hey went out and measured the distance to the CB, i got 18" to the antenna. HAHA 36" tires lol hells ya

Offline S.Sidekick

• Suzi Suzuki
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 05:24:52 PM »
hey does anyone one know what size shackles i should run. Cascade off road told me 5"offset. and have you heard anyhing about procomp shocks?

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 04:54:02 AM »
hey went out and measured the distance to the CB, i got 18" to the antenna. HAHA 36" tires lol hells ya
Good deal.. close fit there  8)

Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline S.Sidekick

• Suzi Suzuki
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 11:04:10 AM »
ya i lucked out. I went and purchased my other parts today. I got
highsteer
wheel spacers
shackles
spring hangers
shackle hangers
I got pretty lucky, i befriended the guy at the shop and we worked out a deal that if the shackles i ordered dont work he will exchange them for the size i want. i am going to measure the shock hoop height today, and also order a u-bolt flip kit.

Offline S.Sidekick

• Suzi Suzuki
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 10:19:44 PM »
ok i went with a 14" shock hoop, and check out my parts!! my room is getting loaded. I dropped the wheels and leaf springs off at the sand blasting shop, i will paint the wheels black and the leafs red. I also had my rear axle rhino lined, and i am going to paint the diffs red. Hopefully i will have atleast one of my diffs done with my gears in this weekend.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 10:52:39 PM »
Looking good.  I like the red center on the new hubs.  :D
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline S.Sidekick

• Suzi Suzuki
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2010, 10:08:48 AM »
thanks, ya they are actually stock hubs from my front axle, i heard to keep the stock ones beause aftermarket ones crack. Hey does anyone know how to use a hilift as a winch? Mine just came in the mail yesterday and it didn't have any instructions, i know where to hook my tow strap to the top of the jack, but do i hook my strap coming from the sidekick to the base plate or the bottom hook?

Offline tombstone

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2010, 08:30:17 PM »
Why did you have the REAR AXLE rhino "lined"??You understand that needs to BREATH,right??You could build up alot of heat in there because of that goop,also the rear could expand/contract if only painted.Somtimes people "outsmart" themselves.

Offline S.Sidekick

• Suzi Suzuki
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2010, 09:12:13 PM »
haha ill correct my post it was Rustolium bed lyner in a can. Two light coats, since these axles are so old, a majoirty of axle has rust. Also after hot tanking them/sand blasting there were alot of imperfections. I really want to show and wheel this truck so this light bedliner rattle can stuff had just enough texture to hide any imperfections. the breather valves will handle the heat just fine, and the diff carrier is red, if it matters

Offline poopman

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2010, 08:26:13 AM »
Emailed you. Travis

Offline tombstone

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2010, 03:01:29 PM »
The rustoleum idea...BRILLIANT!!

Offline S.Sidekick

• Suzi Suzuki
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2010, 06:48:45 PM »
thanks, well the axles are done!!! i have both diffs geared and my front axle is 100% brandnew! i mocked it up to see how it looks, got my wheels back and they are flat black, and also made a new sub box that goes inbetween the seats. I will put pics up tommorrow so keep an eye out.

And Travis i didnt get your email