Hello Guest

1995 samurai needs somthing

• 8 Replies

Offline aintnojeep

1995 samurai needs somthing
« on: April 19, 2010, 05:48:57 AM »
im new to the site but i have had plenty of sammies (5) but im 21 and i have little money and im looking for ways to upgrade this thing i already did the axle under and i took off the sway bar and im running 31s but im getting bored and i need some cheep tricks to make it better i was trying to find the best cheep ways to make this thing better on the trail or on the road thanks  :D
SCREAM IT LOUD " AIN'T NO JEEP"

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Re: 1995 samurai needs somthing
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 07:39:58 AM »
im new to the site but i have had plenty of sammies (5) but im 21 and i have little money and im looking for ways to upgrade this thing i already did the axle under and i took off the sway bar and im running 31s but im getting bored and i need some cheep tricks to make it better i was trying to find the best cheep ways to make this thing better on the trail or on the road thanks  :D

Transfer case gears and lockers. The best mods to make to a Samurai... much better than lift and tires in my opinion...

Good luck and welcome!

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline aintnojeep

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 08:03:18 AM »
yea i was looking at a few posts about whether to put a locker or spool in it i dont drive it on the road that much but i also dont want to break axles but i defonitly need more power. i was also going to try and port match the head and intake manifold to get a little more flow out of it has anyone done this? 

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 09:45:55 AM »
When it comes to modifying up the 1.3L I would check with SammyPro.  He has a shop that specilizes in Suzuki and Toyota engines and has a lot of info on modifying the Samurai engine to get more power out of it.

If your running 31" tires a t-case will give you a lot of your power back, but I would avoid a spool for road use.  Just puts to much strain on the hardware.  Switching to Chromoly rear axles from trail tuff would probably help off-set that issue.

Putting a traction bar on will also help the take off power as the springs won't be able to wrap any longer.
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline yzf438

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 08:21:09 PM »
I port matched the head intake and exhaust on mine also ported the weber adaptor plate out to match better added a cam and a few other items..... lol  little zuk motor turns out pretty good. do that and transfercase gears .. you ll like it

Offline aintnojeep

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 09:41:18 PM »
yea today i switched out my exhaust manifold because it had a few cracks in it and it was losing power really bad but it has some balls now  ;) but i think im going to do the tracker gears instead of the t-case because i can get the gear sets from my local junk yard for 20 bucks a set so all i have to do is get those planetary gear rings. how does your sammie do wiith the port matching by the way mines fuel injected because its a 95  ;D

Offline yzf438

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 06:03:17 PM »
my little motor screams pretty good.  it has hc pistons in it. also. header, did a little dist. work. not a bit of emmisson stuff on it.
runs 30 inch tires with stock gears all day on the freeway at 65.

still not enough as soon as I find a 2004r automatic I will put a nasty little v-6 in it I picked up.

Offline wildgoody

• Turbocharged 150HP 1.6L 8V 93MPH 1/4 mile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 07:18:53 PM »
all i have to do is get those planetary gear rings. 

You might want to just get the drop out thirds, you will need 2 fronts BTW
and install them, don't forget to check your spline count to make sure they
match, later front side gears are 26 spline, I think starting at 95 or 96 year,
earlier than that are 22 spline.

If you are going to have the gears set up into your thirds, you could swap the
side gears instead.

Wild
Real Trucks Are Built, Not Bought,
And Chrome Don't Get Ya Home.  

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Offline aintnojeep

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 04:27:58 PM »
yea ill probably just do the thirds i think the transfer case gears are way to expensive im broke as a joke  ;D