Hello Guest

Camouflage?

• 17 Replies

Offline djlantis57

• Take your chrome home
Camouflage?
« on: April 04, 2010, 09:37:33 PM »
Well I typed in "camouflage" in the search and 5 threads came up, that's the smallest search I've ever gotten here.  So I'm starting a new thread.
I'm gettin my seat covers from ebay after all.  They can make camo pattern covers in Realtree Hardwoods, Hardwoods Green, and Advantage MAX4.  Whatever I do on the outside I want to get the same pattern on my covers.  
Camoclad makes this stuff, been looking at it for a long time to cover up the messed-up paint from the previous owner who used a razor blade to scrape off the black plastic door mouldings  >:( So I've been looking at this to cover up the lower half of the car.  So I did some rookie photochop (Microsoft Paint) and came up with a few ideas.  Pick your favorite!  Let me know what you think of these:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:43:37 PM by djlantis57 »
God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things.  Right now I am so far behind, I will never die.
90 Tracker LSi 2dr tintop 5spd: slow toy . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 08 Pontiac G8 GT: fast toy
90 Tracker LSi 2dr 5spd: SOLD.......95 Tracker 2dr 5spd: parts..........90 Sidekick JX 5spd: HI, my name's DJ and I have an addiction.........93 Tracker 2dr 2wd 5spd: PS donor/poss. 4x4 swap from 95 parts

Offline djlantis57

• Take your chrome home
Re: Camouflage?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 09:40:10 PM »
...and these.  The stripe is raised up a little taller, and a stripe added to the front lower valance, the same height.  The only problem I see with this, is that those two front vents are going to be a PITA to cut out around.  What looks best!  ???
And yeah, I'll admit...I have way too much time on my hands to sit and do this on my computer.   ;D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:44:18 PM by djlantis57 »
God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things.  Right now I am so far behind, I will never die.
90 Tracker LSi 2dr tintop 5spd: slow toy . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 08 Pontiac G8 GT: fast toy
90 Tracker LSi 2dr 5spd: SOLD.......95 Tracker 2dr 5spd: parts..........90 Sidekick JX 5spd: HI, my name's DJ and I have an addiction.........93 Tracker 2dr 2wd 5spd: PS donor/poss. 4x4 swap from 95 parts

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 07:07:38 AM »
Honestly, doing an unstylized camouflage with a white body color looks kind of silly to me. I mean, it doesn't work as camo because the base color is bright and very visible. Now, if you were to do a scheme that references a camo 'theme' and matches the white... that may look better and make more sense. The whole "urban camo" idea comes to mind. Maybe digital urban would look good?

only $0.02 FWIW

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline LilRed

• Webshots Photopage
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 10:45:34 AM »
Sorry, but I have to agree with Eric.  The camo seems a complete contradition to the bright blue suspension parts too.
some clips from The Wishbone Ranch
http://www.youtube.com/user/KyLilRed

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 03:07:58 PM »
I'm glad my Tracker is BRIGHT red. There have been more than a couple of times when we've been out geo casheing and walked a bit too far from the rig, it sure helps that it DOESN'T blend into the forest!
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 04:28:33 PM »
I don't know, I kind of liked the first picture.
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Bobthebiker

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 04:59:06 PM »
honestly,  if you're going to do camo,  do military camo patterns, not that realtree crap that everybody uses.  that crap looks so tacky its not funny.   

and its very pointless to do just that on your rig, all or none really is better.

Offline dupont#24

• Deer hunter
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 06:19:45 PM »
just use a sweetgum leaf and a few differant color pants a little clear coat and a shadetree

Offline CALuera

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
I like the Advantage MAX4 (third picture in both-I like the strip) just dont make it as high up as you did in the picture where you put the front strip on it too.

Offline djlantis57

• Take your chrome home
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 01:17:38 PM »
Hey thanks for the input.  I AGREE the camo/white isn't the smartest idea for actually blending in...but all I'm looking for is to cover up the paint that's messed up in the lower panels, and if anything, the stuff helps protect the paint when going through the brush.  I haven't been through brush taller than that anyways, so it'd do the job well.  The only other option is just to paint the lower area a different color, or re-do the white paint all over the car.  Don't want to mess with that though.  
Thanks for the input though.  I knew I'd get some criticism for it because it's not very practical from a "blending in" standpoint, but the main purpose is to cover up the messed up paint.
I like the Advantage MAX4 (third picture in both-I like the strip) just dont make it as high up as you did in the picture where you put the front strip on it too.
And hey, this is for Zuk owners only, not some silly Jimmy driver!  ;) JK, everyone's welcome.  Welcome, CALuera!  

Offline hegemon

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 03:22:27 PM »
I like the max4 grassy - last pic.  But if you are just covering up some bad paint, why not just use some spray on bedliner?

Bobthebiker

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 05:13:08 PM »
if you're just covering up bad paint, thats just flat out tacky and looks like a redneck poser. no offense, but thats how I see it.

Offline rascott

• tread lightly monkeywrench a little
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 06:47:31 PM »
if you like it, that's all that matters.
mabe something like rhino liner or wrinkle paint would work also- rough and go w/any seat covers.
i suppose that stick on stuff stays on without peel problems?
'89 kick w/little motor, still got pieces of jeff's pucks, stan's sticks into 4.24:1 tcase, 31x10.5x15's, rear lockrite, kick power steering, some radios(kj6esv), bmw seat, other changes just because. done on the cheap.
suzi the psychic gets me fishing.

Offline TopHeavy96

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 11:41:30 PM »
What if the dude just likes a two-tone camo and white just for the look?  He asked for opinions on which ones ya like, not criticism on which ones y'all don't.

looks like a redneck poser. no offense

This is a little contradictory.  Coming from a Redneck of course. ;)
96' Tracker 4-door, 16v, auto, open front, limited slip rear, Jeff1997's 2" lift with diff spacer, 95' mustang shocks, Calmini axle truss, BFG 30x9.5 mud-terrains on 15x8 "D"-windows, trimmed and banged fenders and bumpers, radio shack CB, Tom Tom GPS, 100w KC lights
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1097549855954

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 05:36:56 AM »
if you're just covering up bad paint, thats just flat out tacky and looks like a redneck poser. no offense, but thats how I see it.

Look " bobthebiker "  there's a lot of guys on this forum who've been wrenching and wheeling, riding and building stuff longer than you've been ALIVE. It may behoove you to checkup on your attitude, especially when it comes to spouting bullshit and voicing your opinion on things that you seem to have very little experience with. You may be correct in your observations, but there's definitely a better way to express your opinion.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER