Hello Guest

Rocker !!!!

• 8 Replies

Offline RHodge

Rocker !!!!
« on: March 06, 2010, 03:29:57 PM »
stated to make new rocker panels for the sami / the goal was to make them strong but also look good , so i had a local shop bend up some 3/16. I caped them with the same and welded some plates across the back. I'm not going to weld them to the body just to the frame them I will use body seam sealer

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
Re: Rocker !!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 06:02:04 AM »
Nice! ;)
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Bobthebiker

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 04:19:31 PM »
Very nice looking.  Did you cut the rockers out or were they fastened in somehow on yours?   I want to do this to mine, but I'm undecided how to go about it.

Offline RHodge

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 05:29:59 PM »
I cut them out , it now is attached to the frame in three spots I'll try to take some pics later tonught

Bobthebiker

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 08:10:09 PM »
thanks!   I honestly think those look sweet on there.    now my next big question.  how'd you manage to cut such a nice straight line across both sides?

Offline RHodge

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 08:35:25 PM »
I cut it along the piece that holds the plastic rocker covers,  should have taken a picture

Bobthebiker

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 10:18:53 PM »
definitely would have been nice.  but whats been done has been done right?       I'm still debatng how to do this on mine.

would you mind giving me some dimensions of your rockers? and maybe some pictures of how they're attached?

Offline RHodge

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 08:47:09 PM »
definitely would have been nice.  but whats been done has been done right?      I'm still debating how to do this on mine.

would you mind giving me some dimensions of your rockers? and maybe some pictures of how they're attached?

here is some dimensions

I cut the front at a 45 and the rear about 30 the caped them

I started with a 48" and they ended up being 47" total length
I'll posted some pic of how I'm mounting them next week

Ryan
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 05:49:47 PM by RHodge »

Bobthebiker

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 12:14:01 AM »
awesome! thank you!     I think if these are powdercoated in a color to match your rig, they can look REALLY good.  odds are if I build a set of these, that'll be what I do, is powdercoat em black or something to make the SE stand out.