Hello Guest

Buying a 02 GV Limited with 90K What should I look for??

• 2 Replies

Buying a 02 GV Limited with 90K What should I look for??
« on: March 02, 2010, 04:37:09 PM »
I am thinking about buying a 2002 GV and have a down payment hold on this guy. I need quick results and have done some searching on here about reliability etc. Can those who own these provide some insight on what I should look for. It has the 2.5 L V6 Engine and auto tranny and has 4x4. Looks well cared for and very clean. What are some things I should look for? Are these engines prone to self destruct? Quick brake wear? Auto trannys fall out within a certain mileage? Please help me as I told them I would pick it up in the morning. if I was going to buy. Thanks.

Jay

Offline Trackerprts

• Aiirbag
Re: Buying a 02 GV Limited with 90K What should I look for??
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 09:55:20 PM »
There are no major flails. The timing chain tensioner does wear out but it has lower milage so you should be ok.
Use 5 w 30 oil and it will reduce this problem .
99 Tracker pieced together out of 3 cars.             RR Body and suspension lift ,31 10.5r15
winch bumper,rock sliders

Offline nprecon

• ONWARD... through the fog!
Re: Buying a 02 GV Limited with 90K What should I look for??
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 08:09:19 AM »
X2.  All else being equal, keeping the engine oil changed regularly (and topped off between changes) with quality oil using the correct viscosity these are great little engines.  During the test drive check to ensure the 4x4 transfer case lever shifts smoothly into 4H and 4L and that the 4WD light illuminates when 4WD is engaged and does not blink or flash. I screwed myself by not questioning when one of the trucks I bought was very stiff when engaging into 4L when test driving it.  Now I have to pull my transfer case and clean out the detent plunger.
'02 Chezuki Tracker with a 2 Liter and 5spd.  It works for me!!!