Hello Guest

Need HELP with 2000 Tracker/Vitara soft top trim piece replacements.

• 11 Replies

My soft top is really starting to take a beating and the plastic that it connects in to has started to crack due to the Florida heat.  

Secondary question, does anyone make reasonable replacement plastic trim moldings that the soft locks in to?  Of the 5 pieces, all have stress cracks and I have already repaired twice and it is time for new.

I am looking for a hart top for my 2000, if you know of one that is used, could you please send me the info? 

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 02:02:47 PM by a2000Tracker1 »

Re: Need HELP with 2000 Tracker/Vitara soft top trim piece replacements.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 02:08:29 PM »
Here are some pics of the broken pieces.  GM wants to much per piece, UNSAT!!!!! 

Anyone got some used off of an old one you got laying around or know where I can get them from a salvage yard?

Offline Frank84

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 02:23:45 PM »
Wish I had an answer for you but I had to buy one of them last year from the dealer and I now have a second one starting to go.  If you find anything let us know!  I'll keep searching myself.
2001 2 Door Tracker, 4x4, 2.0, 5 speed, 215/75/15
Jeff's 2" lift, OME shocks/struts, Sh*t on the fly removed, warn hubs

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 02:37:19 PM »
I can't believe this. 

The plastic trim is crap and you can't find them anywhere except GM.

The tops are crap ( I just bought a brand new one and the stitching is already coming out).

The hard tops are as expensive as a regular Jeep hard top.

At this point I would like to see some kind of lockdown bimini top that has a rear window right behind the front seats and the back is simply flat.  I figured that someone would have come up with one of those by now, yet there is nothing on the secondary market for these trucks.

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 07:09:13 PM »
Here are some pics of the broken pieces.  GM wants to much per piece, UNSAT!!!!!  

Anyone got some used off of an old one you got laying around or know where I can get them from a salvage yard?

I have a 2000 Tracker as well, the tops are garbage.  I would think that some company would clearly see the need for a low priced hard top or soft top option besides the one that they came with.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 08:08:11 AM by 2000Tracker1 »

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 08:10:18 AM »
Wish I had an answer for you but I had to buy one of them last year from the dealer and I now have a second one starting to go.  If you find anything let us know!  I'll keep searching myself.

Have you had any luck finding suitable replacements from a source other than GM? 

I am shocked that this is not a hot item on this forum, unless everyone else has top trim made of something other than the garbage plastic that mine and yours is made of. 

COME ON FOLKS, help a person out here.  Does anyone have a set laying around you want to sell? 

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 05:19:46 AM »
Not one set of these laying around?  Anyone? 

Offline bzzr2

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 07:18:58 AM »
i've got some laying around but my hardtop might be f'in with the same pieces and i plan to put a softtop back on next summer....pm me and tell me how much you want to pay, i might be able to get another set but it will take some time/miles to pick them up if still available.
03-ZR2, 2dr, 31x10.5 SSR's & stuff...--sold :-(
03 xl7, jeff's 2inch spacer lift, 225/75/16's; sold
09 taco reg cab short box 4x4

Offline tuxblacray

• Building a Bigger Better Brute Samurai.... B-}
    • Tuxblacray Photos
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 07:17:19 AM »
I thought I could help until I viewed your pics. Here is a top on EBAY that would make someone a good replacement if they had a zip out back window for it.

The pieces that you are after look more like body trim pieces rather than the actual top pieces.
I know the voices aren't real.... but they have some pretty kewl ideas!!! Tux.....  ;-)
I get my Sammi parts here, and you can too... http://www.mikodaindustries.com/http://stores.ebay.com/sticksnstones4x4samuraiparts

Offline beercheck

• Go Cards!
    • trivia-nights.com
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 09:30:39 AM »
The pieces that you are after look more like body trim pieces rather than the actual top pieces.

They comprise the channels that the tops slip into.  Without these peices, soft-tops won't attach.

The pieces that go over the top of the vehicle (front of rear top, rear of sunroof top) broke on mine.  It appeared that maybe water got underneath, froze/expanded, and pushed the plastic up to breaking point.  I got replacements by doing just as you, finding someone on this site who'd gone with a hard-top and begging for the channels.
'03 ZR2 2dr Tracker, '02 XL-7 drivetrain and electrcs
XL-7 front coils
1.5" rear coil spacers
Monroe 32316 shocks w/2" extenders
235/70-16 Bridgestone Destination A/Ts on stock XL-7 Alloys RRO Rock Rails (Presently removed, as they rusted to all hell; all the bolts were rusted to dust.  Real nice, RRO...) http://www.trivia-nights.com

Offline bzzr2

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 12:36:48 PM »
i got no response when i mentioned having access to these parts, i think this thread is sleeping.
03-ZR2, 2dr, 31x10.5 SSR's & stuff...--sold :-(
03 xl7, jeff's 2inch spacer lift, 225/75/16's; sold
09 taco reg cab short box 4x4

Offline tuxblacray

• Building a Bigger Better Brute Samurai.... B-}
    • Tuxblacray Photos
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 10:49:08 AM »
I think ya skeered em.....  :laugh:

I need the 4 corners that are attached to the top. Mine are all split an the back corners are loose. Heck the velcro and zippers are holdin it together... I'm surprised it doesn't blow off on the interstate....  :laugh:

I gave up looking for them and have decided to buy a new top in the spring. It's 19 degrees outside now and the manufacturer / seller reccomends it to be 70ish for the install.

Come spring new black top w/tinted windows will be on unless the sun is shinin....
I know the voices aren't real.... but they have some pretty kewl ideas!!! Tux.....  ;-)
I get my Sammi parts here, and you can too... http://www.mikodaindustries.com/http://stores.ebay.com/sticksnstones4x4samuraiparts