Hello Guest

Rear Tailgate

• 3 Replies

Offline njmedic

• not much but it's mine
Rear Tailgate
« on: May 03, 2009, 03:28:49 PM »
I have a 1993 Tracker 2dr soft with a Fiberglass top. The rear release will not open the tailgate. How do I get in to repair/replace it ?

Mark
93 Tracker "My Project"
07 Zuki SX4

Offline idaholwb

• And that's the way the metal crumpled!
Re: Rear Tailgate
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 06:10:50 PM »
The outer door handle on the tailgate won't open it? Have you had the truck long?
97 Sport
265/70-16s
2" lift
2.0 swap
I know...Pretty boring... FOR NOW...

Offline sklope

• BUSHWACKER
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 01:11:19 AM »
I have a 1993 Tracker 2dr soft with a Fiberglass top. The rear release will not open the tailgate. How do I get in to repair/replace it ?

Mark

I've got a 96. I had to pull the plastic cover off of the interior side of the tailgate and was able to remove the handle after removing the hardware inside. Of course if you can't get the tailgate open, it may be a little tough trying to get the plastic cover off because you don't have a heck of a lot of room on the inside. ???
* '96 Tracker
* 2" Sky body lift
* 235/75/15 M/T's
* Custom front and back bumpers
* Durabak exterior coating (bed liner) * '07 chevy silverado "wail tail" tailgate cover (custom cut to fit)

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 05:30:42 AM »
I've had that happen with mine. I know this sounds stupid, but make sure it isn't locked first, then have someone push from the inside while you hold the release lever open from the outside. That's if the lever handle works at all. If you have to tear the plastic cover off the inside to get at the mechanism, there pretty thin and come off easily.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER