Hello Guest

Trying to get more front end travel....

• 17 Replies

Offline RJkick

Re: Trying to get more front end travel....
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 01:24:50 PM »
Exactly!, if you ever want to buy parts just send one of us Oregon guys the money and we can get them for ya. Should be cheaper that way right?

Better than 4wheel parts truckfest?  I hear they give ya about 20% to 25% off the retail

I was looking into rockmolesters OME springs, struts, daystar spacer, mx6 rear shock (actually a 97+ front shock) write up

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=444978

92 Sidekick 1.6L 16v Calmini\OME 4.5" lift 3" Body Lift OME962 springs in front w\.75" spacers OME955 in rear w\1.75" spacers Extreme Duty Strut Eliminator kit and rear ProComp MX6 Shocks 31X10.50 Nexen M\T   Thorley Header   2" exhaust  Calmini front truss bar and stabilizer and skids   Custom Bumpers and Rock Rails  Limit Straps

Offline Mikerpm4x4

• Redline... all the time!
    • www.rpm4x4.com
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 05:33:21 PM »
I think Mike Hagen tried this a few years back, the struts were too soft for the front of the Track/Kick. It would be worth sending him a PM and asking him about this.

You are correct. I did this 5 years ago. The struts are softer which was ok but they failed at a suprising rate. They cant handle 2 hours of my off road driving. I cut them apart to see why and the internal tubes are too thin. They were streched and crushed. I gave it several tries. I think I went through close to a half a dozen struts before I gave up on them. I sure didnt save any money as I ended up buying OMEs anyway. :-\
If your not living life to the fullest then your not living at all.

You wont really know if your wrong till your upsidedown

Offline derekj

• i'm the canadian guy eh?
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 07:04:48 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Mike. Guess I will just save up for some OME's.

Derek
91 Sidekick jx
2" BDS supension lift
2" BDS body lift
1" Coil spacers
32" TSL's and some other stuff I did And now with a Lockrite!  www.cardomain.com/memberpage/783382