Hello Guest

Why buy a 4-door Zuk?

• 49 Replies

Offline explosivo

• I'm in the northern part of that one state.
    • omghi2u Gen. Discussion Forums
Re: Why buy a 4-door Zuk?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2004, 02:46:45 PM »
Now, if I could find one of the 2 doors with the rare hard top, I'd jump on it in a second.

Now why do I keep hearing that? I chopped up my daily driver 2 door hard top, and have a hardtop LSi 2 door sitting out back :-/

I wanted a damn convertable, too >:(
omghi2.us[/url]
"Its a ZUKI thing. Doing more with less than less with more." -- HotRod

Offline Bfunk

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2004, 05:09:04 PM »

How is that going to change?  Are you going to cut a big hole in the roof? :D

Not a hole (hehehe ahole) but the whole thing.  I'm going to make it look like a two door convertable... I'd say pickup but I guess a Blazer or Bronco would be closer to the truth.  That's after I do axle upgrades.
Brian

Offline trackermad

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2004, 06:23:24 AM »
I want a 4 door so I can take the bigger breaks and the better front third and put them in my 2 door.  ;)
"First of all: what is work? Work is of two kinds: first, altering the position of matter at or near the earth's surface relatively to other such matter; second, telling other people to do so."  ~Bertrand Russell

Offline 97TRAKIN

• Suzuki in Chevy clothing.
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2004, 09:27:32 AM »
There are a lot of choices for 4-door SUV's. :)
\

True there are a lot of choices for mid to full size 4-dr 4X4 SUV's in this country.
But there are only two choices for a small 4-dr 4X4 SUV in this country.
1 - The Chevy Tracker/Suzuki Vitara.
2 - The Kia Sportage.

Honda CRV, Toyota Rav-4, Ford Escape, And so on ARE NOT 4X4 vehicles, they are all wheel drive.

A 4X4 as defind by LandRover is a vehicle with a four wheel low option in the *TWO SPEED TRANSFER CASE*  

Offline Mike71

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2004, 09:31:34 AM »
4wd is just NOT awd lol

some people just cant grasp that thought..i hear from people that lambos are 4wd and will own zuki off road...sigh oh well
623hp kb cobra sold! 100hp kick new DD :P

Offline Zuki One

• ZUKI - PICS
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2004, 07:00:56 PM »
So what does the 4door have that the 2 door doesn't drivetrain wise and what not brakes etc...gears? i do not know,and what year did they start putting the MPFI 16 valve? in the 4 doors im gonna buy one here in the next 2 months and do the SAS for my womans winter DD ;D

???
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 07:03:32 PM by Bug_d »
"Sooo What shop built your rig?"hahahahhahahah    www.cardomain.com/memberpage/607888/1

Offline steveofrost

• '91 SS JLX 4-Door
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2004, 02:34:42 AM »
Well, I bought the 4-door because it was the cheapest vehicle I could find in the area. It came fully loaded and the last owner kept it in his garage and barely used it (I think it might have been his holiday ride...). Anyway, I didn't know the potential of both the two door and four at the time, so really I didn't choose the 4 over the 2 from that point of view. I got married and got a little 4x4 for me and my wife, that’s why I bought mine. The cargo space is nice, but what it really means to me is an extra added comfort of space for those unfortunate souls that must sit in the back seat and endure my driving! ;D As for a trail rig, I'm already working on convincing my wife to let me buy a two door Kick. I found one in the next city... A mint '90 Sidekick JLX (loaded!) for $1500. And the neat thing is, most of the KMs are from being towed behind a motor home 8) I pray to the Zuki-Gods that I can talk her into it ;)

steveo

Offline steveofrost

• '91 SS JLX 4-Door
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2004, 02:37:50 AM »
Posted by: Zuki One Posted on: Today at 01:00:56
what year did they start putting the MPFI 16 valve

Offline Zuki One

• ZUKI - PICS
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2004, 12:57:25 PM »

ok but what about the rest?
So what does the 4door have that the 2 door doesn't drivetrain wise and what not brakes etc...gears? i do not know,and what year did they start putting the MPFI 16 valve? in the 4 doors im gonna buy one here in the next 2 months and do the SAS for my womans winter DD ;D

???

"Sooo What shop built your rig?"hahahahhahahah    www.cardomain.com/memberpage/607888/1

Offline Maiden Hell

• MAIDEN HELL!
    • My Space
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2004, 02:53:06 PM »
Well, I bought the 4-door because it was the cheapest vehicle I could find in the area. It came fully loaded and the last owner kept it in his garage and barely used it (I think it might have been his holiday ride...). Anyway, I didn't know the potential of both the two door and four at the time, so really I didn't choose the 4 over the 2 from that point of view. I got married and got a little 4x4 for me and my wife, that’s why I bought mine. The cargo space is nice, but what it really means to me is an extra added comfort of space for those unfortunate souls that must sit in the back seat and endure my driving! ;D As for a trail rig, I'm already working on convincing my wife to let me buy a two door Kick. I found one in the next city... A mint '90 Sidekick JLX (loaded!) for $1500. And the neat thing is, most of the KMs are from being towed behind a motor home 8) I pray to the Zuki-Gods that I can talk her into it ;)

steveo

Dude, put your foot down and just buy it.  Why do you need her permission?  I'm sure you make some healthy dough, just buy it...shit at that price I might drive out there and buy it!  ;D

Offline steveofrost

• '91 SS JLX 4-Door
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2004, 02:54:23 PM »
Depends what we are comparing I guess...

There are slight variations between the years as far as I know. (Notice all my sentences end in 'I guess or as far as I know') ;D If you have a choice between a manual or auto, there are different gears. With my Sidekick, an auto comes with 4.62 gears, and a manual comes with 5.12's. As for the rest I have no idea... maybe more research will provide me with some anwers!! (I'm trying to be good for something on this BBS!)

steveo

Offline steveofrost

• '91 SS JLX 4-Door
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2004, 02:57:29 PM »
Dude, put your foot down and just buy it.  Why do you need her permission?  I'm sure you make some healthy dough, just buy it...shit at that price I might drive out there and buy it!  

;D

Offline whitfield

• 4-dr Kick on 34's
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2004, 06:02:29 PM »

Dude, put your foot down and just buy it.  Why do you need her permission?  I'm sure you make some healthy dough, just buy it...shit at that price I might drive out there and buy it!  ;D

I'm guessing you are NOT married...  ;D     I used to feel the same way.

I hacked and caniblized Track Kicks for sammy parts for the past 6+ years.  Now that I'm married with a 5 year old I need a little more room.  So i decided to build a 4-door.  If it doesn't work out I can alway hack it up for more Sammy parts.  
Old Dog looking to learn some new tricks. 

Offline idaholwb

• And that's the way the metal crumpled!
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2004, 07:06:28 PM »
 The 4 door has nothing special about the drivetrain at all, the only exception is the Sport with the 1.8. Never used that engine in the 2 doors here in the states.
97 Sport
265/70-16s
2" lift
2.0 swap
I know...Pretty boring... FOR NOW...

Offline jerryp58

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2004, 10:20:34 PM »
The 4 door has nothing special about the drivetrain at all, the only exception is the Sport with the 1.8. Never used that engine in the 2 doors here in the states.

Ok now wait a second, what I'm hearing from this and other posts is that the drivetrain components may be interchangeable from year to year, YES?

When was an overdrive auto available and what model years/engines can it fit?

Can a newer drivetrain fit (dimensionally -- without utilizing a team of welders) into an older trackick?
Jerry
1990 Geo Tracker,  2-Door Hard Top
1.6L 8v, 4x4 Automatic, 0" lift