Hello Guest

1993 4 door sidekick, leaning to one side.

• 4 Replies

1993 4 door sidekick, leaning to one side.
« on: February 27, 2009, 06:54:17 PM »
Hey, i have a 93 Suzuki sidekick, 4 door, 4x4. And one morning i went outside, and the sidekick is leaning the the left side... its pretty noticeable, especially from the inside. The tires are fine, the shocks, springs and struts look normal ((dont know how old, but they look pretty old)), so i just cant figure out what it could be. If it has gas shocks, could the gas have maybe leaken out?

The wierd thing is, it just happened over-night ???

Whats your opinion on this, and any tips for getting it level again? lol.

Thanks alot.

Sidekick Kid

Offline norcalwreckchaser

• www.norcalwreckchasers.ning.com
Re: 1993 4 door sidekick, leaning to one side.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 10:33:51 PM »
I don't know "S" about Track/Kicks what were you doing the night before? Did you launch it in some "Dukes of Hazzard" way? My only input is, did you collapse a spring or strut?
86' Samurai, 5" spua lift, rear missing links, 4.57 gears, 4 to 1 Transfer Case, Lockrights F/R, ARB Front bumper, Doug Thorley Header, Rock Rails, GM alt. swap and other Misc. goodies.
Sold 7/10 :(

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 11:07:38 AM »
Nope, it dosent even have insurance on it right now, so i havent been driving it, just up and down the drive way to alow other vehicles to park, but thats it. And i looked at all the springs and they look fine.

So im stumped.

Offline Jeremiah

• Viva La ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 02:55:11 PM »
Have you measured how "compressed" the springs are on driver vs pass sides? I don't believe blown shocks / struts will cause the vehicle to sag. All they're designed to do is dampen movement (so the springs don't keep bouncing after you go over a bump). They're designed to want to stop movement, not to ride at a certain height.
'96 4 door kick: 29" Pep-Boys M/T, 1.5" OME
'83 SJ410: 31" Toyo M/T, SPOA, 1.3L
'08 Yamaha FZ6

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 10:06:03 PM »
Ok, now i moved it to the backyard, and its on dirt, now its not on a slant, so i guess the problem fixed itself... wow thats weird.. lol

Or the dirt is off level, but i dought it, im just confused now lol.