Hello Guest

Question

• 8 Replies

Offline Mythose

Question
« on: June 10, 2005, 02:44:06 AM »
Ok its not a zuk question but somone may know somone that has a set of 5:66 or 5:83 "or somthing close to that" for a dana 60 rear end, and a dana44 front, i can get the front ones cheep at woodys used, but its bieng a pain to find a set for the rear!  and its either lower gears or smaller tires,  and its gona look mighty funny going down the road with 235's on a rig with over 10"of lift including body lift
All things must start and end, the key is to not let them start and end in the same place.

Other rigs, 84 Sub 305 High output dana 44 front dana 60 rear turbo 350 tranny, 205 gear drive transfer, 10" lift 38.5 swampers

Offline bashzuk

• Been zuked lately!!!
    • BashZuk's web page
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 03:27:10 AM »
If you haven't already check out www.snort4x4.com/forum

and look at the garage sale items it's mainly washington and oregon people so not too much driving .
Mean Green Wheeling Machine
88 Samurai 1" Shackles SPOA with 32" Tires
It's not a Jeep thing, it's not a Suzuki thing, or a Chevy,Ford thing.
It's a wheeling thing now get out and do it!

Offline SnoFalls

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 07:14:12 AM »
a d44 with 38's and tall gears === BOOM.

I wouldn't put a penny into gears for those axels. Go d60 front, corp 14 rear ... gear those around 5.12 and you're done.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.

Buy-it, Build-it, Beat-it, Part-it

Offline Mythose

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 08:12:25 AM »
OK, but the thing never leaves the pavment thoe.  maby for a camping trip. or on a flat plane to play in the mud a little, but my wife drives it  she just wanted a big truck? she is spoiled.
If i take it off road i will break it, that is why the front axel shafts are out at the moment "boom", and i am building the zuk for offroad,  funner tougher lot harder to break event stock, and i mean the sub is 8 feet tall to the roof, and like 8 - 8.5 wide at the wheels and 17 feet long  its TO BIG,  looks really cool but its a little girl off road, the zuk is just bad arse off road the thing is stock and it will go more places.

i just need to get the sub to pull a 28foot  boat.  it might on flat ground but it wont pull it up the ramp.
All things must start and end, the key is to not let them start and end in the same place.

Other rigs, 84 Sub 305 High output dana 44 front dana 60 rear turbo 350 tranny, 205 gear drive transfer, 10" lift 38.5 swampers

Offline SnoFalls

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 08:30:29 AM »
with 38's and pulling a boat up a ramp, do you really want the pinion to snap? ... it will if you go with tall gears.

Get a tow rig. For the cost of gears, you could get a good older 3/4 ton and have a decent tow rig.

It's your money, but I honestly think gears in those weak axels are a waste.

(the burb sounds like it's close to being the wife's mud monster tho :) )
http://www.brokebastards.com/vids/bog.avi

(this topic probably should be moved to water cooler)
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.

Buy-it, Build-it, Beat-it, Part-it

Offline Mythose

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 09:52:05 AM »
AYE, we have a 3/4 ton sub that is not lifted that will tow it but it cuts off every 15min of driving and i have replaced everything i can think of that could be causeing the problemb with it. will drive fine the just die,you wait a seccond start it right back up.
think it could be in the fuel pump, seeing as the person that had it befor me went to an electric, when the manual died, i have no ideal why. but i have replaced it 5 times in the 2 years she drove that one but it always just quit pumping.

Offline tracker8wr

• THE BIGGER THE BETTER
    • my home page
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 10:06:06 AM »
we run a show truck on pavement with 49" IROC's and a DANA 60 rear with no problems. so i don't see a problem with ur truck running 38's. randy's ring and pinion should be able to help u with what ever gearing u need. good luck.
4 1/2 body
Coil spacers
cheap but effective
31" LTB Swampers
http://www.geocities.com/race8thwonder01/ http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/769479

Offline bashzuk

• Been zuked lately!!!
    • BashZuk's web page
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 01:26:39 PM »
we run a show truck on pavement with 49" IROC's and a DANA 60 rear with no problems. so i don't see a problem with ur truck running 38's. randy's ring and pinion should be able to help u with what ever gearing u need. good luck.

it's not the 60 that's going to give him problems its the 44
Mean Green Wheeling Machine
88 Samurai 1" Shackles SPOA with 32" Tires
It's not a Jeep thing, it's not a Suzuki thing, or a Chevy,Ford thing.
It's a wheeling thing now get out and do it!

Offline locjaw

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 01:39:14 PM »
but if it is just a pavement pounder then that 44 should be good  ;) you could always just disconnect the front driveline ;D then you dont have to worry about it breaking and you can put whatevere gears you want in the 60 ;D ;D ;D

jason
1995 Sidekick SAS'd "Trail Slayer"
1993 4 door lifted "Road Warrior"
1995 4 door stocker "CreamPuff"