Hello Guest

REVISIT MY TIMING CHAIN QUESTION!

• 2 Replies

Offline boyirish6

REVISIT MY TIMING CHAIN QUESTION!
« on: December 17, 2008, 06:47:00 PM »
HERE IS ORIGINAL POST
http://www.zukiworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=23702.0

Alright just got the kick home and got to talk to the garge tech and the original owner.  Here is the deal and let me know what you think my odds are.

The owner said she heard the front of the motor making noisies and dropped it off at the shop.  The shop told here it was the timing chain and it was going to let loose soon.  She did not want to fix it.  SHe drove it for a week,  then one day when she got done with work she went to start the car and it would not turn over.   

The Tech at the shop told me the crank still spins freely and he does not belvie the valves are bent.    I think it is a crap shoot but I would like some opinions.

What do you guys think?

Long story short I really dont want to bust this motor open if I dont have to.  I belive the torque of her trying to start the motor busted the chain
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 07:12:01 PM by boyirish6 »
No longer in the 4 wheeling thing but I still love the community

Offline aftermarket4x4

• ZUKIWORLD
Re: REVISIT MY TIMING CHAIN QUESTION!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 04:58:01 AM »
I have little experiance with the 1.8, but alot of experiance with the 2.0 and they are almost the exact same motor. The valves may be stuck open if it spins over too freely. Really, you just ned to open her up and take a look. If you need a motor I have a 2.0 for cheap that can drop in there   ;)

Sean

Offline Cuthulu

• I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.
Re: REVISIT MY TIMING CHAIN QUESTION!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 07:16:49 AM »
You might just try the chain if you realy don't want a peek inside (curiousity would get me).  With that said I had a frind who owned a Mzada 626 and the nylon timing chain just snapped.  Cranked fine but would not fire.  Got the chain replaced and it ran like a champ again.