Hello Guest

how do i soften the ride of the Calmini 3inch lift?

• 19 Replies

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
Re: how do i soften the ride of the Calmini 3inch lift?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 02:21:00 PM »
Mud Child, did you have any issues with the coils from FOA fitting into the top of the spring cup? I've got a set of those, and just trial fitted them awhile back, and the coil would not fit into the seat on top unless I remove a small bit of material from the edge. looking forward to trying them out eventually.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline Jookycola

• 1995 Tracker LSi 4x4 16v 2-door
    • My car domain site for the tracker.
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 02:31:34 PM »
actually in theory the kit Jeremiah posted (the OME springs/shocks/struts) is basically the same thing as using stock 4-door Vitara springs, ford mustang shocks and a strut mount flip?.  I mean wouldn't that basically yield the same results.
  [/url]

Offline Uncivilized

• Car Domain
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 08:20:38 PM »
I was under the impression Boondox went under, the site has not been updated in over a year.  Shame too because they are local for me and was a good company
Not under, he's told me he has been very busy and doesn't get much internet time. PM "shredder" and let him know what you're looking for.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 10:26:49 PM »
actually in theory the kit Jeremiah posted (the OME springs/shocks/struts) is basically the same thing as using stock 4-door Vitara springs, ford mustang shocks and a strut mount flip?.  I mean wouldn't that basically yield the same results.

No, the OME shocks and struts are much better then doing a flip and mustang shocks.

I think the springs give you a bit more lift as well.
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline MUD CHILD

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2008, 08:15:33 PM »
Mud Child, did you have any issues with the coils from FOA fitting into the top of the spring cup? I've got a set of those, and just trial fitted them awhile back, and the coil would not fit into the seat on top unless I remove a small bit of material from the edge. looking forward to trying them out eventually.

I had no trouble fitting the top of the spring in to the sprig bucket, they went in like there supposed to be there. Which Springs did you get? I recommend that you get them in there first chance you get, the ride is like night and day. I have quite a few HARD miles on them since I installed them and the ride height has not changed. Very happy with them!!!
NO DITCH TO DEEP NO HILL TO STEEP

http://srcustoms.ca/