Hello Guest

Cool light mounting ideas?

• 7 Replies

Offline IrishBilly

Cool light mounting ideas?
« on: March 08, 2008, 02:39:48 PM »
Has anyone ever seen how jeeps,fj's and some sami's mount some Kc lights next to the windshield ? Does anyone know anyway to do that on a sidekick or have any other cool places to mount lights post pics

Offline JoeCool

• Carpe Noctum!
    • cardomain
Re: Cool light mounting ideas?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 11:12:22 PM »
I mounted some rectangular fog lights under the head lights flush with the top of the bumper. I don't have a grill in place as I intend to figgure a way to install the Sidekick Sport grill and hood I've aquired. You could easily mount some rectangular lights into the lower air dam and remove one bar of the lower grill. You could make some brackets to mount lights above the windshield from under the soft top. (assuming you have a soft top) Other wise most off road light companies and JC Whittney make windshield mounted lights or light mounts. Good luck.
5psi turbo '90 2dr 5spd 8v Tracker, Lt235s, 1" spacers, Rocker Rails, Warn Hubs, Custom half door,--GONE!
New, Sammi Tintop

Offline Stainless

• Ho-Ha! Guard! Dodge! Parry! Spin! Thrust!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 09:05:30 PM »
I saw a post on here fairly recently -- Can't find it now, but another user had just bent some flat stock and attached it to the windshield pillars, and mounted the lights to that.  Came out looking pretty decent.

Cop cars always have lights mounted up there, so I'm sure there's a generic mounting kit.. Check JC Whitney, etc.
-Al.

Offline olija

• Check out my cardomain
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 09:12:27 PM »
I was thinking of mounting some bracketry to the back corners of the hood (the corners that don't go up with the hood). It'd look super cool!
97 Sidekick 4door 5 speed, 1.5 spacer lift, 2" body lift, CJ rims, locked rear, 31's, 4:1 low <SOLD>
01 Vitara 2.0L 5 speed, 2.5" Calmini lift, 2" body lift, Sidekick rims, locked rear, 31's, 4:1 low, 5.13 diffs <SOLD>
03 XL7 2.7 5 speed, 4.5" AE lift with OME springs, 2" AE body lift, 5.13 diffs, 3:1 low, 235/80R17 BFG AT's on Ultra 17x8 with 1" spacers, skid plates, Balmer Fab front bumper

Offline geeeeoooo

• mmmdrop
    • my myspace page
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 07:06:27 AM »
i was the one with that post...i used some 3/4" wide flatstock....i dont remember my exact specs....but i remember i used 8" per side....dont remember my lengths or bend degrees or any of that....

heres mine....

not too bad for a 21 y.o. kid....
i recently got a set of little square fog lamps from wal-mart that i attached to my rear bumper, and fittingly named "d!ckhe|removethispart|@dlights" for them people who like to keep their high beams on behind me
my truck rails harder than your girl

Offline Carnage

• If you only knew the POWER...
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 10:14:56 AM »
good thing you came by geoooo

i was about 10 sec away from linking your pics

;)

X32CarDomainPage.........................RyouBakua|removethispart|@Hotmail.com.........................BurpleCarDomainPage

Help me Heal!!! No spam/pop-ups.  Just one click!!!   Or be a TechWarrior!!!  Its cool!!!

Offline geeeeoooo

• mmmdrop
    • my myspace page
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 01:17:42 PM »
good thing you came by geoooo

i was about 10 sec away from linking your pics

right on man~!
ill get some pics up here of my back lights that i was talking about in my previous post....if anyone is interisted???
my truck rails harder than your girl

Offline Digger

• 1996 Suzuki X-90 4X4
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 03:57:57 PM »
I tried mounting 6" offroad lights to the fixed panels between the hood, doors and windsheild pillars and the hood hit them when I would try to open it.

I have also taken 4" round stick-on style lights and simply stuck them to the top of the windsheild. Once I made shades for the bottom of them to deflect the light away from the dash, they worked pretty well.

Now I just use a single pair of Bosch Profi210 driving lights with 130 watt bulbs. They give more than enough light for wheeling on even the darkest of nights:

I had also tried making a light bar above the windsheild:

It would swing forward, allowing the roof to open and close. Overall it wasn't very durable, though and took damage the first time I had it in the woods. Plus the lights shook a lot.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 04:02:26 PM by Digger »
Had a cool sig pic till I changed the text... sigh...
90 Tracker: "Silver", 2" BL, 1-1/2" Coil Spacers, Strut mount flip, Calmini Header, Winch, 31" Swamper radials, Sold.
98 Suzuki X-90: Calmini 2" Sus, 1-1/4" whl spcrs, 2" Exhaust, Cobra Safari Bar, Neon, Sold.
96 Suzuki X-90: Mostly stock daily driver(for now)