Hello Guest

Suzuki sidekick help 98!!!

• 5 Replies

johnjx

Suzuki sidekick help 98!!!
« on: January 29, 2008, 06:33:17 PM »
hey zukiworld. i just wanted to say thnx for those who reply to my post. just wanted to say thnx and that i got some really useful information and encouraged me for the future of the brand new sidekick to the community. soon i will be posting up pics of it. and in the future with Mods and accessories. i also just want to let ya'll know that i am only 16, but know how to overhaul engines, trannys, conversions, and body molding. i got many questions ahead. i am familiar with trucks and big blocks and tuners. but this is m first wheeler and i love it. so its my project. i was just wondering though. what are some problems some of you came accross on building yours? whats some recondmendations to do?is there anything i can do to help it out?like easy at home things tht are simple? also what are some good combinations?like body lifts, suspension lifts, spacer and stuff. i heard that once i get bigger tires i need to get a new rear axel, i think how u spell it is calmini axels, what about the front?are most trackers,geo's sidekick compatible in close related years? how much are lockers?i notcied in some situations only some tires spin and most of the time all of them do but sometimes only three. or two.i think just three at most and four. i got also a 1.6 lt. 16 valve. what are some add ons i can do?or tune up?. i noticed that these babes dont over heat and i can get up to 5-6 rpms and run fine. just got alot of questions but these are my main concerns alos, the wieght they can hold if i have only myslef or another passenger(spoter). thnx agian for those who helped me and for anyone else who can help me out with advices and recondmondations. F.Y.I, if anyone has a truck or a tuner. got any questions maybe i can help ya out. ;D

Offline Carnage

• If you only knew the POWER...
Re: Suzuki sidekick help 98!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 07:09:28 PM »
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 10:56:47 PM by Gen-Erix »

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 09:10:40 PM »
The spacer lift is a great start.  What size tires are you looking to go to?

Gen - Are you thinking he should make it a ground pounder like yours?  :P
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline Carnage

• If you only knew the POWER...
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 10:54:47 PM »
Are you thinking he should make it a ground pounder like yours?  :P

nah then i wouldnt be special

Offline Amilla

• Toyota running gear was made for a samurai!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 12:26:39 AM »
Hey all, ill give this one a go.

Johnjx, what kind of rig do you plan on turning this sidekick into? A DD/mild wheeler, aggressive wheeler with some road use, to and from the trail? What kind of terrain are you around? Mud, rocks, sand, snow?  All of these things will help us help you come up with a good set up. (funny how that sounded)
My buddy has a 4dr sidekick he threw a home made intake on it, some new exhaust, 2.5" coil spacer with home made strut spacer, and some 28" super swampers and the thing goes pretty good.
Probably the thing that will make the biggest difference is your amount of traction. you can have all the Hp in the world but with no traction you are going no where fast.  You can get lockers for the front and rear, which will cause all 4 wheels to get full power of the engine.  Opposed to only power 2 wheels in 4wd (with open diffs) 
Check out some of the other vender's, other than calmini...they seem to have some steep prices.
I have been using Lowrangeoffroad.com and they have been great so far.

Hope this info helps you out
Keep the questions comin man

Amilla
88 Samurai, Sprung Up, Geared Down, Locked,With Yotas.

johnjx

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 10:19:29 PM »
i wanna make this a mud/wate, trials, pretty much everything but very few rocks, and a lil sand just for a lil fun and when ever it snows. i'm also still suing this as a commuter, but only localy, maybe 10-20 miles a day tops and maybe 1-2 hour drives for taveling to trials and area's for 4x4's. i also checked out that website. awsome thanks alot!its the first actual website i love. i been looking so long for it, thnx agian