Hello Guest

New to these trackers some 16v questions I guess.

• 1 Replies

BIG DOG

New to these trackers some 16v questions I guess.
« on: November 29, 2007, 08:59:37 PM »
Hello all I'm new here been lurking for a while as I have been looking at getting a tracker or sidekick. I have found a 95 16v 5spd that I'm thinking about I haven't gone to look at it yet .Plan to do that on Saturday.Hard to find a good one around here that someone doesn't want a arm and leg for .There are a couple here one 97 one 98 the guy's want $5000 for them :P. Anyway a 95 16v 5spd and this is what he said "I think there is a dead plug or a bad wire, so it runs, not right up to par, I drove it like that for a month until I found a bigger 1/4 ton 4x4 that I wanted" .So what might I look for ? He said it was just MVIed in sept he had the clutch done last year and a wheel bearing six months ago .He wants $750 so if I have to do some work I'm ok with that but I don't want to get into major surgey.But after reading some of the posts seems like the 16v may be prone to valve, head gasket and timing pulley problems ......HMMMMM.......Any input or suggestions is appreciated !
THANKS!

Offline sidekicksrock

• Lil Suzys Dad
Re: New to these trackers some 16v questions I guess.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 09:54:09 PM »
If the truck is in good shape 750 would be a good deal without an engine. None of the things which cause a engine to miss are extremely expensive to fix. I highly doubt that it is a key-way problem, that would not cause a miss
Student of Now Master of Then