Hello Guest

new tracker needs help

• 36 Replies

Offline bioniconion

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: new tracker needs help
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2004, 02:38:08 PM »
well i'd love to jump her someday if she'd hold *i honestly don't know...so much rust lol* but is there no real way to get like...12inches of total ground clearance on them?

Offline explosivo

• I'm in the northern part of that one state.
    • omghi2u Gen. Discussion Forums
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2004, 02:42:17 PM »
Twelve inches of ground clearance at what point on the underbody? I'm sure there are plenty of places I'm getting 12"+ on 33's with 3" suspension/3" body lift ;D
omghi2.us[/url]
"Its a ZUKI thing. Doing more with less than less with more." -- HotRod

Offline bioniconion

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2004, 03:40:19 PM »
lol good point. well i'd like at least like ummm14inches total if not more *i wish* any thoughts/

Offline explosivo

• I'm in the northern part of that one state.
    • omghi2u Gen. Discussion Forums
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2004, 03:47:59 PM »
How much are you willing to spend? You could do the diff drop lift like Whittfield, and get pretty decent clearance everywhere except where the differential in the front was dropped (I believe he's got like 11" at the front diff).
omghi2.us[/url]
"Its a ZUKI thing. Doing more with less than less with more." -- HotRod

Offline hcgalvin

• Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
    • Granite Path
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2004, 01:23:23 AM »
I've got 22 inches  ;D (at the frame anyways)

(sorry, had to)

Heather
« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 01:23:53 AM by hcgalvin »
Heather Galvin
2005 GV with Zuki Nation 4.5" Lift.
Sidekick's gone... Still have Bob's Knob.

Offline bioniconion

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2004, 01:37:13 AM »
lol well when my friend and i first measured i had 8 inches total clearance from my lowest point. now i know the 31's are going to help take me up to close to 10 inches if not a little more. so will the 2 inch suspension lift take me to the 12inch total clearance?

Offline bioniconion

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2004, 06:40:43 AM »
ok well i bought a new o2 sensor for in her and new gear oils for the tranny, x-fer case, and both differentials...total of 150bucks us :( i really hope this'll clear up my problems. i need to adjust the clutch cable too and after that it better be fixed...i should get the valves checked and adjusted but the dealership here wants 135bucks to do it :(

mperry

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2004, 07:13:35 AM »
the little switch by the speaker. do u think the fluids would help that much?

Ah, you turned off the idiot light. Gotcha. The fluid changes can't hurt. No telling how old that oil is.

If the clunking noise continues, you could pull one of the rear drums and look for rust. Sometimes, when parked for extended times, the friction material and drum will rust & will stick together. (Same thing for clutches.) If it's not too bad, it'll get better with use.

mperry

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2004, 07:33:40 AM »
ok well i bought a new o2 sensor for in her and new gear oils for the tranny, x-fer case, and both differentials...total of 150bucks us :( i really hope this'll clear up my problems. i need to adjust the clutch cable too and after that it better be fixed...i should get the valves checked and adjusted but the dealership here wants 135bucks to do it :(

8 valve engine??? You might want to adjust your own valves. It isn't hard to do, really. It requires a 10 & 12mm wrench, a screwdriver, a feeler guage, & a valve cover gasket... and about an hour of your time. For $135, I assume they are doing more than just adjusting valves???

Offline cj

• I drive a really big ATV
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2004, 07:48:47 AM »
lol good point. well i'd like at least like ummm14inches total if not more *i wish* any thoughts/

Easy! Portals and big rubber  ;D

Offline bioniconion

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2004, 08:47:36 AM »

8 valve engine??? You might want to adjust your own valves. It isn't hard to do, really. It requires a 10 & 12mm wrench, a screwdriver, a feeler guage, & a valve cover gasket... and about an hour of your time. For $135, I assume they are doing more than just adjusting valves???

nope they said that's just for the adjustments. i don't think the tracker ever had it from the previous owner. and i have the wrenches, screwdriver, and i can get the gasket. im just lacking with the feeler guage and the knowledge :( i hate this stupid hayes manual. not 1 picture of my freaking engine bay and a lot of what it says is kinda vague..and yes i got the 8v engine...anyone around the southwestern pa region wanna make 50 bucks? lol

mperry

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2004, 11:09:14 AM »
Ok... it's just that $135 seems rather harsh.  :o I knew there was a reason to not take my car into the shop.

Valve adjustment isn't hard... especially if you can find the double-step feeler guages. With those, the tip is thinner than the blade... such as in .008/.009... so the .008 will slide in but the .009 won't, and you are set. Tighten down the nut & recheck.

Maybe you can find a neighbor who tinkers with cars. If you find someone with an old VW, you are set. <g>

Offline bioniconion

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2004, 03:07:31 PM »
ok well i decided to skip the valve adjustment, but i put a brand new o2 sensor on it...gas milage so far is back up to like 140 miles on 1/2 tank so i think that GREALY helped. now...i tightened up my clutch cable trying to fix my rough shifts...absolutely nothing different :( i can't figure out what it is...when it's cold it does NOT go in at all until the tracker's warmed up. i don't want to go and blow money on a new clutch and that not be the problem. would u guys think it's more the clutch..or *hoping not* syncro's/tranny need rebuilt?

Offline wildgoody

• Turbocharged 150HP 1.6L 8V 93MPH 1/4 mile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2004, 03:16:55 PM »
The cable breaks down, or rather the
cover does, and no longer prevents
compressing the cover when the clutch
is pushed in, so the clutch dosn't disengage
all the way
Real Trucks Are Built, Not Bought,
And Chrome Don't Get Ya Home.  

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Offline bioniconion

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2004, 03:35:16 AM »
so you suggest putting in a new clutch cable? i really don't wanna put 1k into my tranny as im sure you can all understand..