Hello Guest

i have a problem

• 3 Replies

thedom

i have a problem
« on: November 18, 2007, 07:36:32 PM »
well i have a suzuki sidekick with no powertrain, and i have a toyota 22R tranny and t-case.  has anyone done this swap before?  im just curious if there are some headaches that someone else has already overcome to make this smoother for me. 

Freak

Re: i have a problem
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 08:19:55 PM »
I have known a few people that have done this with Sammies and they have used the "Yota axles as well! I am not aware of any kits or adapters for this swap so you may just have to fabricate your own parts. Motor mounts, transmision mounts, Clutch and throttle cable adapters, radiator ans rad support, shifter locations, and driveshaft adapters are some of the obstacles you'll face. Also the electrical if your going from FI Suzuki to carb Toyota.

It comes down to how much you want to have the TOY running gear and your ability in fabrication. I would either look for Toyota axles and complete wiring harness to go with your running gear just leaving you with fabricating mounts, suspension, adapters and clearing the Tranny tunnel, or try to sell your "Yota running gear and getting a Suzuki running gear that will just bolt in! The later would definately be the easiest way to go but wont be as unique!

Either way will make for a tough reliable rig it comes down to how much work and money you want to dump into your truck!

Good Luck!

thedom

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 07:43:38 PM »
yea, i know its not goin to be a simple bolt in but i have the whole toyota truck but its an 87 with IFS front. the toy is completely rotted and not even worth thinking about, and i came accrost this zuki.  at first i was thinking about just throwing the motor and trans in it to make a beater but its starting to grow on me and im thinking about making it into a more capable rig.  thanks for the reply.

Offline lil_Truck

• Eric Gardner
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 10:32:42 AM »
Go and do a search on "zuktoy".  Wezzlegod did this mod and has it detailed out really nice.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 10:59:57 AM by lil_Truck »
e-mail: liltruck|removethispart|@comcast.net
96 Tracker
6" Calimini Lift with custom Frame
32 MTR's Warn 8000i
Front/Rear ARB's Many New Mods soon.