Hello Guest

Heavy Duty Clutch?

• 7 Replies

Heavy Duty Clutch?
« on: September 24, 2007, 12:32:22 PM »
Seems I´m having trouble finding aftermarket parts for my Zuk.

Is there a aftermarket clutch for the V6 2,5? A stronger better one that is? Centerforce? Clutchmaster?

Best Regards, Kristjan

Re: Heavy Duty Clutch?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 01:54:48 PM »

Just waiting for a answer now :)

Offline Fredo

• Heavy music and Suzuki 4x4!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 02:54:15 PM »
Proud member of the C.A.B.L (coalition against body-lifting) 2002 GV

Offline Davyboy

• I eat CR-Vs and Rav4s! Mmmmm...yummy little AWDs!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 06:58:47 PM »
Right....go with SPEC.  The Centerforce does not fit the 2.5L.  It's a typo in their application guide.  If you talk to them you'll find that out.  I have a SPEC Stage 3+ sitting here waiting for my OEM clutch to die.  When it does, that thing should be killer.  I doubt there is anything I could do to burn up a stage 3+, short of putting in a 300+ hp engine.  They told me it would be fine on the street as well.  Good luck.
1999 Grand Vitara w/CALMINI Suspension and RRO Body Lift, 31" Goodyear MTR tires, Skidplates, 5.12 Diffs with a Lock-Right in the rear.

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 12:47:47 PM »
I e-mailed Centerforce..You guys are right..nothing!

But hell yeah! Im going with Spec...Only thing I need to know is how they are with slipping..Becouse in the snow we have to do alot of slipping and some of the aftermarket clutches are ON/OFF types ;)

Offline ngrover

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 06:48:51 PM »
How many miles/kilometers are people getting out of their clutch?
2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara, 5spd. 2.5 inch lift, 225/75R16 AT's

Offline Davyboy

• I eat CR-Vs and Rav4s! Mmmmm...yummy little AWDs!
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 07:54:29 PM »
That's the cool thing about SPEC....as they custom build them and have several different models with different characteristics.  Give 'em a call and tell them what you want, and they'll recommend something.

My GV is at 137,000 miles on the odometer.  I've had much bigger tires on for a very long time....so in truth, it's probably more like 142,000-145,000 miles.  Still on the OEM clutch, but the pedal's out quite a bit before it's engaged, if that's the proper terminology.  Don't know how much more is left.  Now that I'm regeared with 5.12 diffs, should be easier on the clutch.  I think I'll have that SPEC in by late spring 2008, whether the old one goes or not. 

BTW, don't forget to order the extras for the clutch job.  I ordered an OEM Suzuki pilot bearing, release bearing and rear main seal to be done at the same time as the clutch.  I guess you can have the flywheel cleaned up/reconditioned if it's in good shape, but since I'm keeping my GV long term I bought a new Suzuki flywheel as well.  Pretty expensive, but I did it for the peace of mind.
1999 Grand Vitara w/CALMINI Suspension and RRO Body Lift, 31" Goodyear MTR tires, Skidplates, 5.12 Diffs with a Lock-Right in the rear.