Hello Guest

Lift kit

• 17 Replies

sean222

Lift kit
« on: September 20, 2007, 11:58:08 AM »
I'm new to ZukiWorld but not to suzukis. I currently have a 93 kick i want to lift. I wasn't sure how I was going to lift it until last night. On my way home I came across a company called Zuki Nation. They were test flexing their 4 inch susp lift on some rocks by their shop. It's got great flex. I talked to the owner Jeff and he says they have 3", 4" and what he calls a 4 1/2" extreme lift. The extreme has super flex joints and a arms that alter the wheel base. It looks pretty cool.
He took me for a ride and I couldn't believe how smooth it was, not stiff at all. Unfortunately the extreme kit is a little out my price range but after seeing the 4" flexing out I think thats the way I'm going. Anybody looking to lift their Trac/kick should talk to these guys!

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
Re: Lift kit
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 12:13:52 PM »
Pictures!

Or if they want a write up, send one of each.  I have 3 Trackers now we could put one of each on.  :p

Anyway, http://www.zukination.com/

I have also found them on a Calgary Want Adds page.  The web sight is still under construction since August 17th.
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

sean222

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 09:14:12 PM »
Well here it is, I picked up my kit yesterday and finally posting pic. Very happy with how complete and well built it is. Everything is made from 1/4" steel.  Forgot to include one bag of bolts in pic, oops.
Now I can't wait to get it in!

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff22/sean222_photo/?action=view&current=HPIM0263.jpg

jsserene

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 09:25:20 PM »
Any idea what the U.S. price is for the 4"?

Pictures please when you get it installed.

Offline museboy07

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 09:38:48 PM »
I like the kit...is that a pic of the 3in, 4in, or 4.5in?  One thing I don't like is the rear a-arm spacer is not offsetted.  If that spacer is for the 4in kit there would be an extreme pinion angle problem.
1994 Tracker, 2in Ironman springs w/ 1in spacers on top, soon to have custom diff drop brackets, 31x10.5-15 All Tarrains, Pro Comp long travel shocks, KYB performance struts, strut mount flip w/2in extensions, 3in rear a-arm spacer, ...DD

sean222

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 09:57:42 PM »
US price for 4" unsure, but 1099 Cdn. You could check w/ Zuki Nation to see what it would be.  I bought the 4" kit.  The rear a arm spacer, they call it upper link spacer, is off set.  Pic probably doesn't show it well, sorry I'm not a great photographer :(
Geoff told me that spacer has to be off set to let the rear diff move properly with out bind up and allow the axle to keep its proper geometry(hope I repeated that correctly).
I checked and their web site is up, has lot of info there but not complete yet.  Geoff has told me it will take a little while before all info and pics will be up.

Will post install pics when finished! :o

Offline cj

• I drive a really big ATV
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 10:02:22 PM »
I would like to see pics of the 4.5" kit.

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 04:45:07 AM »
Web site is up but no pics  :(
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org

Offline Uncivilized

• Car Domain
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 10:24:14 AM »
Nice stuff, but $899 for a 3" kit???  :-\

Calmini's kit is $4 less and includes a few more parts.

Their "extreme" kit is almost as much as the Trail Tough solid axle kit...

I know you can't give stuff away and you have to appreciate the amount of work and effort put into this stuff, but I'm just worried their not being compeditive enough with other manufacturers.

sean222

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 12:06:21 PM »
I looked at a lot of different options to lift my truck. I have been in a truck that had the Calmini lift and it just wasn't for me, just too rough riding.  It has lots of stuff in the kit but I think that hurts it.  I know lots of guys who have had the upper 3rd link break repeatedly.
I priced out OME 2" and it was almost $1100 then I priced Calmini and by the time it was delivered and brokerage etc..was over $1300 I also looked at RRO and a few others and they were all in the $1000+ range, CDN funds, delivered.  The cdn $ is strong right now, which hurts it, but 6 months ago when the dollar was 90 cents or less this wouldn't have been an issue.  I think the States can manufacture cheaper than Canada can just by sheer population. Look at tire ads from US mags for example.
When I look at what I got and how well I saw it work and how well it road, it was a no brainer for me, plus I also wanted at least 4" of lift. And I can still go bigger with a bl. I don't think you can compare TT solid axle kit to ifs 4 1/2" extreme, it's apples to oranges. I talked to Geoff about TT, he says they're top notch, but his kit is bolt in ifs and needs nothing else, no diffs, no gear swap, no welding.
Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking anyone elses kit, but I think these guys are extremely competitive considering how good of a kit it is. Just my opinion....maybe I'm just stoked about just getting it! Gotta get it in my truck this weekend!

Offline SnoFalls

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 12:13:07 PM »
Yea, the TT SAS is quite a bit more when you consider getting yota bits + gears. Probably the superior solution for trac/kicks, but still pretty spendy when you're done.

It is sad tho that zuki folks are usually so spendthrift (aka cheap bastards) that manufacturers have a hard time marketting something.

I wish the zukination folks the best ... never hurts to have different options in the marketplace.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.

Buy-it, Build-it, Beat-it, Part-it

Offline ppltrak

• zukspeed staff
    • zukspeed.com
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 03:08:18 PM »
This post is no good without pic's >:D
94 purple/green splash tracker w/ calmini 3' heavly modified lift 32 11.5 r15 bfg m/t's  & custom air induction and header w/ 2"exh. no cat lockrite rear 2" B/L and a heavy right foot and now 583s steel up front and locked.
2002 GV 2.5l 4.5 ZN lift locked on 31's

Offline museboy07

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 08:42:26 PM »
On the regular 4in kit it say it DOESN'T come with different control arms.  With a 4in lift using stock control arms??  The front coils are going to bow outwards alot.  Mine does a little with just 2in coil spacers.  I don't know about this...i'm gonna have to see some pics
1994 Tracker, 2in Ironman springs w/ 1in spacers on top, soon to have custom diff drop brackets, 31x10.5-15 All Tarrains, Pro Comp long travel shocks, KYB performance struts, strut mount flip w/2in extensions, 3in rear a-arm spacer, ...DD

Offline poorboy

• When in doubt... beat it out
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 01:41:57 PM »
i want to see some pics to. i would like to see the 4.5 inche kit. mainly the a arms to see if they are any different from calminis.

i like these kits but theres no way i can get any of em they are just too much.
zuks are suppose to be a cheap toy and all the suspension kits you can get are rediculus
id buy a kit if i had the money until then its coil spacers and body lifts for me ;D
That sh*t'll be alright

Offline Jookycola

• 1995 Tracker LSi 4x4 16v 2-door
    • My car domain site for the tracker.
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 10:47:10 PM »
On the regular 4in kit it say it DOESN'T come with different control arms.  With a 4in lift using stock control arms??  The front coils are going to bow outwards alot.  Mine does a little with just 2in coil spacers.  I don't know about this...i'm gonna have to see some pics

This reason alone is why i'm on here.  i really, really dig the "idea" of the 4inch kit.  But the execution sounds like trouble down the road.  How can you achive 4 inches with out the dropped control arms up front and not blow out CV's left and right?  If that were the case we could all in theory slap 4inch coli spacers and be done with it.  I like it, I want it...but i want to know it's going to be reliable.
  [/url]