Hello Guest

Pics of my tracker

• 5 Replies

Fastmax32168

Pics of my tracker
« on: August 12, 2007, 12:22:01 PM »
As a new guy I figured I would post the pics of my track and my first 4x4 project.
I am really amazed how little money and time I had to spend on it to make it trail worthy. It really is just for mixed street duty and jeep trails at this point so I didnt need to get too extreme.
I started with a rust free bone stock 97 equipped with auto/cold ac/ps and pb.
I went with a 3 inch Calamini body lift, the cheapo US wheels, and some Ebay 31 x 10.5 tires.
I wanted it to look finished off so I modified the stock bumpers to fit, and did some major reinforcement of the front one so that it would support the 8000 lb winch.
Then I used a set of 1" spacers from Jeff to level out the front from the weight of the winch.
I used a semi flat black Dupont Centari to spray the frame and black everything out, making the stuff exposed from the body lift nearly dissapear.
It took more time to modify the front bumper than it did to do everything else put together!
I had to do some very minor clearancing at the back of the front wheelwells. Since then no rubbing at all.
Cost of track $1300
3" body lift $150
US wheels $167
Ebay Geolander tires $250
Jeff 1" spacers $35
Harbor freight winch $299
Roller Fairlead $30
Assorted steel $35
Centari paint $50
Total $2316

Future plans call for a rear locker, a header and exhaust, and some tuning.
Great site so far!
Roy

Offline derekj

• i'm the canadian guy eh?
Re: Pics of my tracker
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 02:27:42 PM »
Wow :o - thats a really clean looking rig for $1300. Up here that much would get you a rusty early 90's piece of crap! All the good deals are in the states.

Derek
91 Sidekick jx
2" BDS supension lift
2" BDS body lift
1" Coil spacers
32" TSL's and some other stuff I did And now with a Lockrite!  www.cardomain.com/memberpage/783382

Offline LilRed

• Webshots Photopage
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 04:13:24 PM »
Looks great!! 
some clips from The Wishbone Ranch
http://www.youtube.com/user/KyLilRed

Offline jeff1997

• Suzuki: A Jeep thing only cheaper!!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 04:21:57 PM »
Wow :o - thats a really clean looking rig for $1300. Up here that much would get you a rusty early 90's piece of crap! All the good deals are in the states.

Derek
Looks great!! Glad the spacers worked good. How much is that winch rated for? As far as the good deals in the states on non-rusty Kicks, you guys up north just get too much snow, thus salt, and thus RUST!! My friend in Wisconsin said the same thing!!
1997 4dr. Sidekick Sport 1.8L DOHC
2" coil spacers- I make and sell 1.5" and 2" on e-bay.  Look under seller: hoepkers
3" Masterkit1 body lift
Custom strut spacers
31/11.50/16 Super Swamper LTB's w/1.5" wheel spacers Steel bumpers Custom cold air intake 2" exhaust w/cherry bomb 98 Expedition, 2" lift, 35's, Magnaflow exhaust - BIG BLUE

Fastmax32168

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 04:56:21 PM »
Jeff,
That is the 8000 lb winch from Harbor freight. They usually sell it for $399 but frequently run it on special for $299.  All of the research I have done indicates that it is a re-badged Milemarker winch.
I used to live up north and had to deal with the rust issue on all of my projects. I feel for you guys. Its honestly worth the trip to make the long trek south to buy something rust free for your next project. The time and money spent will be saved once the work begins.
Roy

Offline jeff1997

• Suzuki: A Jeep thing only cheaper!!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 05:40:06 PM »
Don't feel bad for me. I'm in IL, we don't get much snow around here. My 97 has no rust. I was just saying the guys up north really have it bad with all the snow and salt. Thanks for the info on the winch. Harbor Frieght has a store in St. Louis, only 30 mins from me.
1997 4dr. Sidekick Sport 1.8L DOHC
2" coil spacers- I make and sell 1.5" and 2" on e-bay.  Look under seller: hoepkers
3" Masterkit1 body lift
Custom strut spacers
31/11.50/16 Super Swamper LTB's w/1.5" wheel spacers Steel bumpers Custom cold air intake 2" exhaust w/cherry bomb 98 Expedition, 2" lift, 35's, Magnaflow exhaust - BIG BLUE