Hello Guest

Drop Pitman Arm For Geo Tracker?

• 16 Replies

Offline Mac500r

• Alot more to do!
Drop Pitman Arm For Geo Tracker?
« on: June 26, 2007, 01:13:20 PM »
Does anyone know who makes a drop pitman arm for a 1996 Geo Tracker with power steering?
All help is appreciated!
1996 Tracker 2door soft top.2.5" exhaust,High flow Cat,Home Built Muffler,2" Ironman springs and rear shocks,OME Struts/Mounts Flipped,K&N Filter Modded Air Box,Ported MAS Sensor, spring spacers,A-arm drop brackets,strut spacers.5.5" total susp.lift.33x10.5-15 BFG MT.Home built Bumper,2.5" B/L.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
Re: Drop Pitman Arm For Geo Tracker?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 01:38:06 PM »
With the IFS you usually don't need a drop pitman arm...

Would one from a Samurai fit?
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline Mac500r

• Alot more to do!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 02:33:22 PM »
I,m thinking that with the IFS and 4.5" of suspension (2" springs & 2.5 Spacers) I would  loose some of the bump steer with the drop pitman arm and a drop bracket for the idler arm.
Calmini makes one for the samurai when using the Track/Kick powersteering box but they haven't ran one on a Track/Kick.

Thanks for the input.
1996 Tracker 2door soft top.2.5" exhaust,High flow Cat,Home Built Muffler,2" Ironman springs and rear shocks,OME Struts/Mounts Flipped,K&N Filter Modded Air Box,Ported MAS Sensor, spring spacers,A-arm drop brackets,strut spacers.5.5" total susp.lift.33x10.5-15 BFG MT.Home built Bumper,2.5" B/L.

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 03:47:47 PM »
Does anyone know who makes a drop pitman arm for a 1996 Geo Tracker with power steering?
All help is appreciated!

Calmini has one for the Sidekick/Tracker power steering box.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Mikerpm4x4

• Redline... all the time!
    • www.rpm4x4.com
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 04:32:31 PM »
I,m thinking that with the IFS and 4.5" of suspension (2" springs & 2.5 Spacers) I would  loose some of the bump steer with the drop pitman arm and a drop bracket for the idler arm.
Calmini makes one for the samurai when using the Track/Kick powersteering box but they haven't ran one on a Track/Kick.

Thanks for the input.

You cant do that without dropping the control arms the same amount. Steering geometry would be a mess. This is a bad idea for anything that would be drivin on the street.

Mike
If your not living life to the fullest then your not living at all.

You wont really know if your wrong till your upsidedown

Offline Mac500r

• Alot more to do!
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 04:55:30 PM »
I dropped the a-arms and diff 3" when I did the lift and spacers so the cvs are at a good angle .The only thing I'm worried about is the angle of the tie rods.the angle of the tie rods don't match the pivot angle of anything else causing bump steer if I am not mistaken.I also made some strut mount spacers.I just have a few little things to finish up to be a daily driver without white knuckles:-)

Thanks for the input.

Offline Yoak

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 06:31:26 PM »
I actually purchased the Calmini Pitman arm for a sidekick box.....

It won't work on my setup without having to change quite abit, so I have a handy paper weight now :)

It would have actually caused things to hit one another and cause more issues than it was worth...hope that makes sense

Offline barcus

• fun
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 11:40:14 PM »
hey there mac500r. can you share some pics?  :D

Offline Mac500r

• Alot more to do!
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 09:16:33 AM »
I will try to get some pics to share asap!
I'm not real proud of the looks but fit and funtion is pretty good.I used to work in a fab shop and building this stuff in my garage with limited tools isn't the same:-(
Oh well! I hooked the swaybar up last night so it drive pretty nice now.I did a garage job alignment so I need to take it in and get a real alignment.I think it will be fine.I think 31-10.5 will fit just fine.I need to finish the rear lift so it doesn't look like it is taking a crap!!!

Offline Mac500r

• Alot more to do!
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 09:16:48 PM »
Hello People,

I finished the lift well enough to drive.I don't have much time to work on it because it is my daily driver.I still need to build support struts from the rear a-arm drop bracket to the cross member and some skid plates.I got the front end aligned today and put 31x10.50-15 Federal All terrain tires on.
I took some pics of the lift parts I built but they aren't real good.When I get it all completed I will get some better pics.Before and then now!

Offline Mac500r

• Alot more to do!
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 09:19:19 PM »
Some more!
Heres the  spacer on top of the rear third Member.

Offline Mac500r

• Alot more to do!
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 09:21:36 PM »
Another Pic.Crappy!

Offline Mac500r

• Alot more to do!
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 09:23:13 PM »
The after photo:-) ;D

Offline Mac500r

• Alot more to do!
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2007, 09:28:38 PM »
Total lift is about 4.5 inches.I still need to build the swing out tire carrier and hitch for the back.I had to trim the fender and moulding behind the front tires and trimmed a few inches off the front bumper cover in front of the tires.

Thanks for looking!

Offline Mac500r

• Alot more to do!
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2007, 09:37:18 PM »
I'm thinking about doing a 2" body lift even though I'm not a big fan of them.