Hello Guest

4.5 inch grand vitara suspension lift

• 71 Replies

Offline 3stagevtec

• killing two stones with one bird...
Re: 4.5 inch grand vitara suspension lift
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2011, 11:58:22 PM »
Subscribed.. Would like to see how they handle the steering limitations..

Offline samuraidan

• speak softly, and carry a big stick
    • City Ranger
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2011, 10:00:20 AM »
I have a gut feeling that we are years away from anything decent being released for our platform....

Ha, posted 2007, you called it!  :P
'00 Vitara 2.0L 5spd w/ Jeff's lift, SR Customs body lift, 5.13's, rear locker, SR Customs steel pinion collar, 1.25" wheel spacers, 15x7, 31x10.5R15 Dynapro MT's.

« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2011, 08:31:32 PM »
What about a Samurai front axle, your lifted coils or possibly coil overs if you have the money, wheel spacers, some links that copy the rear and an above axle steering kit?  Am I way off base?  You can keep your rims and tires plus a steel third member.  With all the Gen 1 Trackers getting harder to find a clean one and all the Gen 2's now going for about $4K could these be the next Suzuki to modify? Comments...
01 Tracker - OME Springs, 2" MK1 Body Lift, Warn 6K Winch, 18x9 Wheels, Rear Roll Cage and more.  95 Tracker with all Calmini bolt ons.  96 X-90 with mini lift and Super Swampers, this one has A/C and is an auto, nice.

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2011, 08:37:14 PM »
Sami axles aren't terribly strong.

Also, IFS coils have WAY too much lbs/sq in for a solid axle rig.

Last thought on it off the top of my head, the rack in pinion steering might be problematic.

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2011, 11:09:38 PM »
Have you looked at Hagen's ZR3 project. That is 4" of lift on 33's, and seemed to perform very good in Moab this last spring.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline gsherred

« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2012, 03:01:04 PM »
The thoughts that keep running thru my mind are.  Get a dana 44 out of a wrecked heep tj with the steering box, trackbar, and link bars Switch the axle tubing from left to right to make it a passenger side drop.  Do some research about spring rates and go from there.  FYI the frame width difference at the front end is about .5 in with any luck the spring mount width on the axle and spring pockets in the frame will match.  Unfortunately I can't weld and I don't have time to do it on my DD.
02 ZR2 K&N filter driving lights in bumper body colored coil covers. Jeff's 2 inch spacer lift.

Offline gsherred

« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2012, 03:04:27 PM »
Sorry I hijacked the thread. I'll try not to again.
02 ZR2 K&N filter driving lights in bumper body colored coil covers. Jeff's 2 inch spacer lift.

Offline blazin00

« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2015, 12:39:40 PM »
Wow, it has been nearly 4 freakin' years since anyone one has posted in this thread - and guess what - there has been no change to altered ego's web site. It still says the kit is "in testing" and "coming soon."  I guess some of us have a different definition of "soon."

Offline beagle..t

« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2015, 09:41:33 AM »
yeah been waiting for alter ego to release it as they are close to me and I could pick it up from there shop so no shipping, I even called them and asked it they new of a release date and they said that at the moment they were moving into a bigger building. also a straight bolt-on system would be awesome
new rig aka "the mule" 2002 tracker
V6 swap auto  ,2 dr ,2" BL,2" jeffs kit 512 gears warn hubs and 30/9.5/15 BFG AT

Offline ppltrak

• zukspeed staff
    • zukspeed.com
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2019, 04:24:28 PM »
Hi all, I just got a 41/2 lift from alter ego for my new project 2002 GV. I will post a write up as soon as I'm done. They seem like a good company.

Kevin
94 purple/green splash tracker w/ calmini 3' heavly modified lift 32 11.5 r15 bfg m/t's  & custom air induction and header w/ 2"exh. no cat lockrite rear 2" B/L and a heavy right foot and now 583s steel up front and locked.
2002 GV 2.5l 4.5 ZN lift locked on 31's

Offline Sentinel308

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2020, 05:26:15 AM »
Have you installed it yet? I'm in the middle of installing mine and ran into a problem. My buddy broke off one of the passenger side front diff bracket bolts....inside the diff, and then snapped the easy-out off while trying to get it out! So I went to pull the front diff out to make things easier to work on, but the driveshaft flange connection will not seperate. All four bolts have been removed. I tried prying them apart with a pry bar and got the shaft flange to move about 1/4". But now it's frozen in place and won't budge! Am I missing something? Are both halves of the flange mount maybe engaged by the pinion shaft splines? If so, could those splines could be rusted and binding things up?

Offline ppltrak

• zukspeed staff
    • zukspeed.com
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2022, 12:23:44 PM »
I've been running the alter ego lift and can say it works well. I ran it as it came out of the box and it was very soft and real comfy on the street and gravel roads. But where i live we do more desert type, fast  lots of whoops etc. I found it to be too soft. I went with Dochtec struts and shocks and It is a bit harsh until the suspension warms up. I have a rear locker with 31s some minor trimming also have 5.12s for gears. I have a 2" body lift in a box I will be installing soon just to get it up out of the rocks.
Kevin
94 purple/green splash tracker w/ calmini 3' heavly modified lift 32 11.5 r15 bfg m/t's  & custom air induction and header w/ 2"exh. no cat lockrite rear 2" B/L and a heavy right foot and now 583s steel up front and locked.
2002 GV 2.5l 4.5 ZN lift locked on 31's