Hello Guest

old man emu lift kit

• 22 Replies

kingzoo

old man emu lift kit
« on: May 03, 2007, 08:44:11 PM »
  Is $350.00 for a barely used ome 2 inch kit with springs,shocks,struts,and half inch spacers a good deal?I would not want ant more lift but 2 inches and 235's would be cool

Offline crikeymike

• Local to Western Washington?? Visit WAZUKS.com
    • http://www.wazuks.com
Re: old man emu lift kit
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 11:22:22 AM »
That's a good deal.  2 Struts would normally be over $250, 2 shocks, $150, 4 coils $250, if all bought new.
1993 4-door Sidekick
3" hybrid Calmini/OME lift, 2" B/L, Rear air locker
Shrockworks bar & sliders, Full skid plates
4.24:1 t-case
 WAZUKS member - visit http://www.wazuks.com

kingzoo

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 07:53:55 AM »
    Thank's for the info!It was used strictly of road for about 450-500 miles.He then got deployed to the sand,and when he came home he changed to a bigger kit.
     I will definately buy it and hold onto it until I get wheels and tires.
s

kingzoo

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 01:35:27 PM »
 I bought the kit today,and on the way home I stopped by Walmart,and had some jerk with a big hitch and no insurance back into my front end.It messed up my bumper cover,impact bar,and grill.Sucks to be me.I will never see the money they owe,and no way will I put it on my insurance.

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 05:23:28 PM »
Didn't get their plate or anything?

...or was this a hit and run and you weren't in the vehicle?

kingzoo

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 05:32:47 PM »
  The driver came inside and had me paged,and 2 secongs told me he had no insurance.We called the police,filed police report,etc,but the guy draws dissability so I can only hope he pays.He then got seriously irritated  at me when his truck was impounded cause he had no insurance.
  I wanted a winch bumper,but was going to wait until I got wheels and tires for my lift install.I guess I will go ahead and do that now and just look goofy for a while.

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 05:35:27 PM »
Well, at least he got caught.

There's always small claims court if he doesn't pay.  There's a police report so it's not like he can say he didn't do it.

kingzoo

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 06:16:28 PM »
  I will get estimates using new and used parts,and try ro work with the guy.I can easily do the work myself after 17 years of fabrication and building firetrucks.As long as I get enough to cover my costs I will be happy.At least he was cool enough to have me paged instead of just driving off.but I got pissed when he went off on me about his ride getting impounded.That is the law not my idea.

Offline bus_driver

• the voices tell me different things
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 09:02:24 PM »
screw him he should not drive i am glad he got impounded!!! my insurance offered me collisioin and i said no thanks it is only necessary when you hit someone and you are at fault ... he said no it is because 25% of drivers do not have insurance in canada.......holy do do that is alot.
so i say againg and sorry for the kids on the site......screw him and sorry he hit you. hope it works out in the best for you.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 09:47:49 AM by bus_driver »
92 2dr soft top
2-1/4" cherry bomb exhaust
235/75/15
2 inch lift
custom mud

Offline bashzuk

• Been zuked lately!!!
    • BashZuk's web page
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2007, 09:54:32 PM »
Bus driver you might want to change your language in the post. before eric see's it.
Mean Green Wheeling Machine
88 Samurai 1" Shackles SPOA with 32" Tires
It's not a Jeep thing, it's not a Suzuki thing, or a Chevy,Ford thing.
It's a wheeling thing now get out and do it!

kingzoo

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 06:17:11 AM »
  I have the maximum ammount of insurance the state of KY allows,because about 25% of the drivers in this state also have no insurance.But in 11 years with my insurance company i have never had a claim,and with 2 teenage drivers,one driving for 15 months,and one driving for 2 months,i will not jeporadize my rates over this,or they would pay up.If he doesnt pay,I will just have to go ahaed and build my winch bumper.
  Sorry I inspired foul language.My kids say I have that ability in spades!!

By the way,does a 2 inch body lift combined with my ome lift kit cause any swaying or rocking?

Offline locjaw

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 07:15:51 AM »
He then got seriously irritated  at me when his truck was impounded cause he had no insurance.

gotta love that karma >:D ;D
wonder if he had enough money to get his truck out of impound ;)

jason
1995 Sidekick SAS'd "Trail Slayer"
1993 4 door lifted "Road Warrior"
1995 4 door stocker "CreamPuff"

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 07:53:37 AM »
By the way,does a 2 inch body lift combined with my ome lift kit cause any swaying or rocking?

All lifts will cause an increase in both because of the higher centre of gravity. Its not a problem, you just have to corner a little slower. Some more offset wheel rims reduce the effect considerably.
Driving with no insurance is just plain wrong, I have no sympathy for that guy.
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org

kingzoo

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 09:40:59 AM »
  i definetely want wider rims,probably 15x7.i hate flares,so i will widen the factory fenders and rear quarters where they flare/contour for a smooth look.where is a good place to find cool wheels?
   Here is ugly modified front end!!

Offline bus_driver

• the voices tell me different things
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 02:17:59 PM »
sorry for the potty mouth i try not to anymore especially as my little guy is on ly 7 months old i don't want his first words to be f that and f this repeatedly. and there are younge ears on this forum sorry to all those who read my language.

i hope he never gets his truck and convicted of a big no insurance charge.
92 2dr soft top
2-1/4" cherry bomb exhaust
235/75/15
2 inch lift
custom mud