Hello Guest

driveshaft removal & bolt size

• 3 Replies

Offline ExitLeft

driveshaft removal & bolt size
« on: April 12, 2007, 04:30:26 AM »
Hi all,
 Been lurking for a while and thought I'd post a question.  I'm going about 150 miles to pick up a '94 sidekick 4x4 and will be towing it back on a dolly with the rear wheels on the ground.  I'm going to bring some tools to drop the driveshaft.  What size are the bolt?  Should I remove the entire shaft or just leave it in the trans and tie it up somewhere?  If I completly remove it will the trans leak out the back (like a Ford T5 when the shaft is removed)?  Any other suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks,
WES

Offline karl214

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: driveshaft removal & bolt size
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 05:01:38 AM »
I just hauled in another Tracker on my dolly, the driveshaft was already unbolted but I took it out anyway.. Didn't want to run the risk of it falling out , It didn't leak anything. I think the bolts and nuts are 14 mm..
Rust in Peace Black Bugger..1994 sidekick... Planing on a Digger"donuts" and 3 inch bodylift, topped off with 31x10.50's in the spring.New D.D 90 softtop lilblue with the heart of black bugger

Offline ExitLeft

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 01:18:21 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I'll be sure to bring my 14mm sockets/impact wrench, jack,  and some jackstands. 
WES

Offline urbanwheeler

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 02:20:56 PM »
I have always had to use a box end wrench to grab one side of the bolt because there is not enough room to get a socket on the differential side.
Runnin' it stock with 225/75R15s and an unmodified 8valve TBI motor (I need a doug thoroley header and a cam) (more power) (1.6 liters of madness) (vroom + sewing machine sounds)