Hello Guest

rocker panels

• 5 Replies

Offline museboy07

rocker panels
« on: April 04, 2007, 05:53:35 PM »
has any of you guys ever cut out your rocker panels cause they were to banged up or rusted?  Is there a way to weld other rockers from another kick on there? thanks guys
1994 Tracker, 2in Ironman springs w/ 1in spacers on top, soon to have custom diff drop brackets, 31x10.5-15 All Tarrains, Pro Comp long travel shocks, KYB performance struts, strut mount flip w/2in extensions, 3in rear a-arm spacer, ...DD

Offline karl214

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: rocker panels
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 11:20:34 PM »
 Digger had a very good write up with pics.. You may want to see if he can get it reposted.. ;D
Rust in Peace Black Bugger..1994 sidekick... Planing on a Digger"donuts" and 3 inch bodylift, topped off with 31x10.50's in the spring.New D.D 90 softtop lilblue with the heart of black bugger

Offline chet

• Zuki time!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 08:55:33 AM »
I cut mine off my 4 door and replaced it with 2"x3" rec tube. worked great! I can hi lift on the rockers now. I left the vert part on the back of the rocker, this added a spot for the tube to rest against and gave me more weld surface as well.

biggest PITA was welding to the thin suzuki sheet metal! def. not like welding on an american vehcile!
1991 4 door kick, 2" coil spacers, 30" Coopers, winch, locker, rust, dents, etc.

Offline museboy07

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 03:36:10 PM »
I cut mine off my 4 door and replaced it with 2"x3" rec tube. worked great! I can hi lift on the rockers now. I left the vert part on the back of the rocker, this added a spot for the tube to rest against and gave me more weld surface as well.

biggest PITA was welding to the thin suzuki sheet metal! def. not like welding on an american vehcile!

what did you weld the square tubing to?
1994 Tracker, 2in Ironman springs w/ 1in spacers on top, soon to have custom diff drop brackets, 31x10.5-15 All Tarrains, Pro Comp long travel shocks, KYB performance struts, strut mount flip w/2in extensions, 3in rear a-arm spacer, ...DD

Offline Quaddawg

• Flex and Ground Clearance is HIGHLY overrated!!
    • My Ebay Store
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 10:44:28 AM »
He welded them right to the sheetmetal I believe.

I took a cut-off wheel in a die grinder and split my rockers, after cutting the pinch weld off the bottom, then I folded them over each other and riveted them together, effectively shortening the rockers by about 3 inches. Then I trimmed the fender to match, and installed rock sliders designed for a Kick with a 3 inch body lift.  Worked perfectly.

1996 Tracker Daily Driver, "The Flea"

Clicke HERE for Specs and Pics[/url]

Offline MKOLSEN22

• Come on 32's
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 05:07:33 PM »
Check out the link to the thread that I started about my rocker replacement.  So far I have the passenger side welded on and I still have to do the driver's side and reattach the fenders.

Again check out the link.  I posted five pictures showing how I'm doing mine.  Let me know what you think.

http://www.zukiworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=16779.0