Hello Guest

lifting a sidekick

• 32 Replies

Offline zukigroundpounder

• 3 trackers/kicks, 1 eclipse.
lifting a sidekick
« on: April 01, 2007, 06:11:26 AM »
hello
i got me a sidekick and was wondering if any of you guys have any ideals on how to lift it without spending a a lot of $$$$$.  i need to lift it about 3 inches so it does not belly out in ruts.
thanks
ps post some pics of your lifted rig if you have any.
Drive it like you stole it.

Offline jeff1997

• Suzuki: A Jeep thing only cheaper!!!!
Re: lifting a sidekick
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 07:09:10 AM »
I lifted my 1997 4dr using 1.5" coil spacers and a 3" Masterkit1 body lift. I sell the coil spacers on e-bay look under seller name: hoepkers. The spacers are 49.99 and up., cheap lift compared to others.
1997 4dr. Sidekick Sport 1.8L DOHC
2" coil spacers- I make and sell 1.5" and 2" on e-bay.  Look under seller: hoepkers
3" Masterkit1 body lift
Custom strut spacers
31/11.50/16 Super Swamper LTB's w/1.5" wheel spacers Steel bumpers Custom cold air intake 2" exhaust w/cherry bomb 98 Expedition, 2" lift, 35's, Magnaflow exhaust - BIG BLUE

Offline fullsink18

• Wheel Me!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 10:45:55 AM »
Just do a 3" body lift.  Calmini has them for around $150.  That will move you belly up enough. 
94 2dr kick 8v
-     Full set of Calmini's skid plates, calmini header and full exhaust, k&n filter, sky idler arm, calmini idler arm brace and truss with stabalizer, lock-rite rear locker, Calmini 3"  BL, 2" Digger Spacers, Shrockworks bumper, chicago electric 8,000lb winch, 31" Grabber AT2, 15x7 2

Offline Quaddawg

• Flex and Ground Clearance is HIGHLY overrated!!
    • My Ebay Store
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 12:24:33 PM »
Just do a 3" body lift.  Calmini has them for around $150.  That will move you belly up enough. 

Not sure what you are talking about, a body lift won't raise the belly at all...

The frame will be sitting exactly where it was before the lift, except that you will be able to put a larger tire on, and that will raise you a little.. no more than an inch or two.

You need to do a coil spring lift, or at least a coil spring spacer.

Coil spacers are the cheapest, and work fine.  You will need longer shocks for the rear, if you don't want to limit your axle travel, and longer struts, strut extentions, or a strut mount flip for the front, for the same reasons.

A 2-4" spacer or coil lift (or combo of both) plus a little trimming will allow 31" tires WITHOUT a body lift.
1996 Tracker Daily Driver, "The Flea"

Clicke HERE for Specs and Pics[/url]

Offline lacrosse10604

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 08:24:01 PM »
Can you do a 4" coil spacer?
Searching for a donor for my diesel build.

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 08:42:59 PM »
hello
and thanks for the replys what do you mean by the strut mount flip? tell me a little more about it. also what  kind  of  shocks  are   you  guys   running  on  the  back  of  your  rigs?  and  yes   quaddawg  the  frame  is  what  i'm  trying  to  get   up  out  the   ruts  thing  sits  to  low   and   just   doing  a  body  lift  wont   get  it.  just   about   done   the   cross  menber   in  on  the   thing  this   evening  got  to  get  it  lifted  up  some.
thanks  rick.

Offline PHX96TRACK

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 09:00:07 PM »
I flipped the strut mounts, used 1-3/4" spacers and '91 Ford Crown Victoria Shocks, $20 Monroes. Works great!

Good thread for strut mount flip
http://www.zukiworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=13687.0
96 4dr Tracker - 30x9.5s on 1-3/4" spacer lift. 2.25" Cat-back with Turbo exhaust.
DD is a Stock 93 Toyota Paseo- great car
2003 Toyota Matrix XRS- Family car

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 09:39:53 PM »
hey  thanks   alot  that  was  just  what  i  was  looking  for.

Offline hcgalvin

• Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
    • Granite Path
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 07:54:18 AM »
Heather Galvin
2005 GV with Zuki Nation 4.5" Lift.
Sidekick's gone... Still have Bob's Knob.

Offline Quaddawg

• Flex and Ground Clearance is HIGHLY overrated!!
    • My Ebay Store
1996 Tracker Daily Driver, "The Flea"

Clicke HERE for Specs and Pics[/url]

Offline zukisidekick

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 07:20:55 PM »
I with testify that Heather's Budget 5" lift is one of the best suspension mods you can do if you're on a budget.     

I disagree that body lifts are bad.    If done correctly, they can accomplish a few things A) get the body (rocker panels) further off the ground, and B) Allows the fitment of a larger tire without having to hack the fenders.     

While some vehicles that have measureable amounts of "Cancer" may actually benefit from this, cutting a perfectly clean body is unnecessary for 31's.    Besides, a body lift is reversible, while hacking is not.   

Zukisidekick

Offline kirknd4spd

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 10:48:11 PM »
a 2" coil spacer lift, strut mount flip, and crown vic shocks with a little trimming should do great with some 31's. and i have to agree with quaddawg on the body lifts. they dont give you any more ground clearance, which is exactly what zukigroundpounder needs more of, and why this topic was started in the first place. besides, if you rip off the rocker panels, you cant drag them over rocks anymore.  >:D
89 Sidekick - 2 door soft top, 1.6, auto, 4x4, 3" suspension lift, 31x10.50's on 15x8 Mickey Thompsons, long tube header

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 06:50:50 AM »
hello
well  i  done   the  strut  mount  flip  yesturday  and  also  changed  the  rear  shocks.  i  also  trimed  the  rubber  bump  stops  on  all  for  corners  and  removed  the  stablizer  bar  in  thee  front  of  the   thing.now   all  i  need  is  some  coil  spring  spacers  you  guys  are  talking  about  and  i'll  be  good  to  go.  anyone  have  a  good  ideal  as  to  where  to  buy  these?  i   dont  have  a  flebay  acount  stop  using  it  after  getting  burnt  on  there  a  few  times.  or  i'll  buy  a  set   off  one  of  you  guys  iif  you  have  any  for  sale  just  let  me  know.
thanks   again  for  all  your  help  on  this  i  love  this  fourm  lots  of  great  people  and  lots  of  info   and  help.
rick.

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 07:02:17 AM »
are there any other front and rear coil springs that can be use on the sidekick other than the oems that will work good that any of you all know about or have tryed?  just wondering about that also what about a set off a 4 door kick would they be any better than a 2 door kick springs?
thanks rick.

Offline zukinator-z

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 07:14:16 AM »
I used Digger spacers with the strut mount flip and put 3'' front cherokee shocks in the rear (had some lying around)I ended up putting a limiting strap on so the springs don't fall out.
94  Zuki sidekick 2 '' spacer. 3'' body 31'' Bfg MTs,miller lckr rear . Wifes ride, 93 Zuki sidekick,30'' Super Swampers digger spacers,Miller locker rear.88 Zuki,POS,full cage,31 "BFG MT's,Miller rear, lock-rite front,and 5:13 gears.