Hello Guest

calmini suspension lift

• 1 Replies

Offline kirknd4spd

calmini suspension lift
« on: January 22, 2007, 11:37:13 PM »
just wondering.....how does the 2" calmini suspension kit lift the front? is the control arm designed like it has a built in spacer? because there arent front springs included in the kit. i was trying to figure this out since a friend of mine asked me, and i didnt know, so now im curious.  if it is just the way the control arm is designed, could i mount a 3" front lift spring on top of the 2" control arm for 5 inches of lift? hmmm...5" track/kick suspension lift...i like the sound of that. ;D
89 Sidekick - 2 door soft top, 1.6, auto, 4x4, 3" suspension lift, 31x10.50's on 15x8 Mickey Thompsons, long tube header

Offline Uncivilized

• Car Domain
Re: calmini suspension lift
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 04:59:07 AM »
just wondering.....how does the 2" calmini suspension kit lift the front? is the control arm designed like it has a built in spacer? because there arent front springs included in the kit. i was trying to figure this out since a friend of mine asked me, and i didnt know, so now im curious.  if it is just the way the control arm is designed, could i mount a 3" front lift spring on top of the 2" control arm for 5 inches of lift? hmmm...5" track/kick suspension lift...i like the sound of that. ;D
The lift is built into the control arm, not sure how, but it looks like a thick isolator.