Hello Guest

best engine swap for track kick???

• 4 Replies

Offline Jookycola

• 1995 Tracker LSi 4x4 16v 2-door
    • My car domain site for the tracker.
best engine swap for track kick???
« on: November 12, 2006, 03:31:19 PM »
i've seen V6's from vitaras, and 1.6's in Samurais.  those seem sort of common.  but i want something that will swap in easy...or somewhat easy in a 1995 2door sidekick.  Something with some more real world power. 
i was thinking the 2.0 from 2nd gen tracker/vitara.  are they any good? are the power gains even worth it?

I'm still wanting to do a V6 swap...but that's not very easy.  i've found motors, i've found auto trannies, and i've found ecu's...never together and still more i have no idea or a solid shopping list of what's needed to perform this swap.  And the tiny gas tank in the 2door kicks makes me balk at how hard my wallet will get hit as it will suck gas more.

I just want a motor that i don't have to prey i make it when i go up a hill on the highway  ;D
we all know how much it sucks to be in 4th flooring it and only squeeking out 50mph.
  [/url]

Offline aftermarket4x4

• ZUKIWORLD
Re: best engine swap for track kick???
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 04:49:00 PM »

Offline wezzlegod

• under construction crowler
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 04:58:58 PM »
no swap is easey the hardist part is the wiring and you have to do that on aney fuel injected or computer controled carb. so you would be best finding the moter with the least amount of computer control. if you think of mocking up mounts and stuff thats not that hard. if you try swaping out the v6 it might bolt right in i dont know but you are still going to have to deal with the wiring which might be complicated because its a newer moter and thay are set up with a lote of electronics. if your going to use it for offroading you might want to choose a moter and tranny combo that hase more exesories for less money like gearing performance add ons ect. im doing a toyota swap for that vary resone and suprisingly its not that hard of a swap. it almost bolts right in. just some shimming. also if you live in a smog state youd have to do a smog leagle swap. the rules in california are that the moter hase to come from a car of the same year or newer and all smog aqipment must function as attended  from the doner vehicle. i can go on and on but i type slow and dont have all night. hope this helps.
black 89 sidekick toyota 22re L52 5speed trans w/ duel t cases. toyota axles w/coil springs 4 link double triangle 3 link front, 5.29 r&p, lockers ,35x12.5 tires, rock rails ,custom plate steal bumpers, killer xm sounds ext ext ext

Offline kirknd4spd

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 07:29:17 PM »
its a matter of opinion on what motor would be best. the 1.8 or the 2.0 would both be good, but personally, i would swap in either a rotary engine (because i love them, and i know how to work on them) or the 1.8 inline - 4 cylinder.
89 Sidekick - 2 door soft top, 1.6, auto, 4x4, 3" suspension lift, 31x10.50's on 15x8 Mickey Thompsons, long tube header

Offline superspook01

• I kick ass!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 12:25:17 PM »
350 v-8, i dont want to be the only one with one, or maybe i do    ;D
pain is temporary, pride is forever