Hello Guest

1.6 16v intake and exhaust questions

• 2 Replies

Offline Quaddawg

• Flex and Ground Clearance is HIGHLY overrated!!
    • My Ebay Store
1.6 16v intake and exhaust questions
« on: September 03, 2006, 04:10:40 PM »
I just can't leave it stock... lol..

Who has a cold air on a 16v, what did you use, what do you suggest? 

any pics?

ALSO..

what header/exhaust is being used and liked??

I know I can get a DougThorley tri-y for $250 from TT, how about the rest?  Shops around here won't delete the cat.. although I really don't want to use one.. lol.. I guess I will have to..

suggestions?? pictures??  what did YOU do with your 16v, and how much did it help??

1996 Tracker Daily Driver, "The Flea"

Clicke HERE for Specs and Pics[/url]

Offline biker

• It's a sickness I tell ya
Re: 1.6 16v intake and exhaust questions
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 07:51:44 PM »
I think if you take a close look at the 16v exhaust manifold you will see that it differs very little from the header that calmini offers except it's cast. I'm not sure if you'd gain much for your money buying a header. I've been thinking of drilling about a 2" hole in the lower half of the airbox and fitting a piece of abs pipe from there to in front of the rad, kind of a cold air intake system and dead ass cheap to do. I did this to my 8v and it made a noticable difference. As for the cat, maybe yours will accidentally fall off like mine did and you will be forced to install a temporary test pipe to get you by untill you can get it repaired. ::) I'm going to run a 2.25" pipe all the way back with a decent muffler and try that out for a bit.
94 Kick with bigger tires
99 Vitara 2wd
10 Gr Vitara

Jayzuki

Re: 1.6 16v intake and exhaust questions
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 10:06:41 PM »
Its all about the sound!

« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 10:14:46 PM by Jayzuki »