Hello Guest

Wind Noise on 91 2 door Kick with removable sunroof panel

• 3 Replies

Offline zbadboy69

• Freedom Isn't Free
Wind Noise on 91 2 door Kick with removable sunroof panel
« on: August 27, 2006, 06:41:18 PM »
I get excessive wind noise from my removable sunroof panel.  I replaced the locks hoping that would secure the panel more securely.  I think the trim is bad and causing the excessive wind noise.  Does anyone know where you can get the trim?  Is there another fix to this problem?

Thanks

Jeff
2001 4X4 Chevy Tracker Four Door 2.0 5 Speed

Offline Uncivilized

• Car Domain
Re: Wind Noise on 91 2 door Kick with removable sunroof panel
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 07:45:28 AM »
Is there another fix to this problem?

Thanks

Jeff
I have the same problem, the hardtop panel doesn't fit nicely on the drivers side, at the point where the a-pillar meets the door - there is about 1/4" gap for about 1" just at the end of the windshield frame. Just the way the top was cut I guess. I'll be putting some 1/4 - 1/2 foam weatherstripping tape on the underside of the hardtop to try and seal it...of course, I have the soft top on now, so it won't be till December.

Offline holeypockets

• i think DENTS are pretty
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 05:36:42 PM »
my sammy has a lot of wind noise cause the doors don't close tight, any one got a fix for that.  i can stick my finger out the back corner above the door when its closed.  they flap on the free way too.
i just like dents, i don't know why.

Offline zbadboy69

• Freedom Isn't Free
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 06:11:30 PM »
I was hoping someone would know where I could get the black trim piece that goes around the sunroof panel and or the trim that goes around the leading edge at the top of the window.  Yes...No....Maybe So..... :-\

Jeff
2001 4X4 Chevy Tracker Four Door 2.0 5 Speed