Hello Guest

lock-right and weber fitted

• 8 Replies

Offline SiKiD_01

• Fully Sik, Flying Vit.
lock-right and weber fitted
« on: January 27, 2005, 09:04:15 PM »
i just got my vitara on the road today, man i missed it, and now its even better than before with a weber and locker in ther rear.

went out today for a bit of fun, and got myself into a sticky situation. dont think that locker will get me outta this one, well, it got me into it in the first place.

i lost the address to the photo uploader. can someone help me out.

thanks.
1989 Suzuki Vitara... Stock Standard

something closer to home: www.DARWIN4X4.net[/url]

outerlimits4x4.com = Great Tech, Bad Influence

Offline SiKiD_01

• Fully Sik, Flying Vit.
Re: lock-right and weber fitted
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 09:08:39 PM »
oh yeah, and the weber is going good. i havent had it on any crazy angles yet, but i'll have a go sometime during the week.

apart from that, very happy with it, sounds awesome when seconday opens, and people snap necks to see what the hell's coming.

heaps better response, and fuel economy seems better than the factory mikuni carb, if driven 'responsibly'. as in granny styles.

Offline mbmarkyb

• UK Vitara
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 09:17:03 PM »
Looks good mate, i see you were having fun , i take it you got a tow out in the end?

Locrite are pretty good
Markyb (UK)
UK Vitara JLX SE

Offline SiKiD_01

• Fully Sik, Flying Vit.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 09:28:49 PM »
yeah, i got a tow out in the end. we were only stuck about half hour, but if i took the next hour digging, i think i could've gotten out.

theres that rule again, never go wheeling by ya self, well, i had a mate with me. it was all good.

i towed out by a 60 series landcruiser with 33" muddies, air lockers, winch, and a 6.2L chev V8. sweet or what, it was no sweat to get the little vit out.

since i got my new camera, i keep forgetting i have it, so we miss out on the good stuff, and get pics when we remember we have a camer.

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 11:40:58 PM »
Good to hear that you got the locker in ;D Did the install go OK?

Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline SiKiD_01

• Fully Sik, Flying Vit.
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 11:56:58 PM »
hey Zig, it all went well, no problems. only got it back this weekend, and only had it on the road for a day.

but other than that, everything is good.

i dont know if its the same with everyone else, but after installing the locker, i haven't been able to drive the vit properly. i think its the nopvelty of having a locker, maybe it'll wear out, and i can drive the vit normally again. same with the weber, i just can't help myself. i just wish i could rive it normally for a week with out opening up the secondary on it. dont know if you call it a 'gift' or a 'curse'.

i almost cried and had a stroke today too. after actually getting towed out of the bog above, i had to do a u turn in some less sloppy stuff, but was still slippery. so i just backed up, and gave it a bootful through it to get to the otherside, then turn around. 1st gear, low range, i had it at 7000rpm. i know, its the worst thing i could've done, but it wasn't there for long. couldn't believe it, didn't really notice until i looked.

anyway, i think i should calm down a bit. i guess you always got to give it a bit on the first day, its like testing.

yeah, i know, i'm talking BS again.

catchas later.

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 12:17:40 AM »
Hey you gotta try it out ;D

Yea it is normal to drive wierd after installing a locker. You will learn how to drive it smooth before long. (on the gas, off the gas or clutch in when turning tight. If you neutral throttle or change in mid turn you get the ol-bucking :o

Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline HotRod

• 95 Tracker
    • cardomain.
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 11:15:36 AM »

i lost the address to the photo uploader. can someone help me out.

thanks.

;D
EXPLOSIVOs site for uploads/downloads or whatever ;D
http://www.eye-irritant.com/upload/
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 11:16:56 AM by trickker »
95 2dr Geo Tracker with Calmini 6"inch combo lift, 32'inch BFGs M/Tlocked and loaded--D.D is my 06 Racy RED Aerio SX AWD

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005, 09:12:00 PM »
SiKiD.
Which Weber have you got on there, mate? I'm looking to replace my stock carb, and need a few ideas.
How's it behaving in the steep stuff? Just had our biggest rainfall here(Whyalla, S. Aust) for quite a while, and it only damped the dust for a day, so I envy you the mud!
Peter W.
'90 Vitara
JLX Soft Top.
S.Aust.