Hello Guest

Satelite Radio

• 16 Replies

Jayzuki

Satelite Radio
« on: August 24, 2006, 09:58:42 PM »
Hello!

Who's running Satelite Radio in their vehicles?

« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 10:00:49 PM by Jayzuki »

Offline droppedtracker

• its a tracker thing, you wouldnt understand!!!
Re: Satelite Radio
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 11:15:50 PM »
ive got sirius in my sidekick ;D

Offline MKOLSEN22

• Come on 32's
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 11:36:29 PM »
I've got an XM Roady XT in mine and I love it.  On the weekends I can listen to the radio with out being bombarded with the string of furniture stores going out of business for the 58th time this year adds.  Mine mounted in a space just to the right of the steering column in my 1990 Tracker.  I still need to do a permanent install of the antenna and hide the antenna wires though.

Jayzuki

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 11:56:47 PM »
I think Satelite Radio is all I am going to have with my next Vehicle!

Its that good right?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 11:58:18 PM by Jayzuki »

Offline Dark Negotiator

• The Infamous
    • MySpace
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 12:54:06 AM »
yep satellite radio rocks I recommend XM not just because I work for them lol  ;)

Offline pcguy

• 1996 Tracker 4x4
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 03:04:09 AM »
I have factory installed sirius in my jeep, and a portable starmate replay for the work truck and tracker :)

Sirius is awesome. Never tried XM before, but the lineup of stations was more compelling for me on sirius.

If you can live without howard stern then XM would be viable choice I guess, although from a growth perspective, they are quickly outrunning XM, which  is also have stock issues.....

Offline keith

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 03:08:47 AM »
I regularly drive 3 different vehicles so I've been hesitant to get Satellite.  Is there a system that could be easily moved between vehicles?  I have a 1 hour commute each way to work so I'd like it, but don't want to permanently install it in a vehicle.

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 04:44:51 AM »
Keith,
All carriers offer multi use systems that can be used in all of your vehicles. I have a Clairon Sirius unit with a car kit in the Kick, I had a kit in the X untill I sold it to Digger, a 'home kit' at the office and a home kit I still have not hooked up at home, They now have portable units you can carry around like an MP# player and then hook it into your cars system, home system etc.....

I love mine. I believe that I am going to upgrade to onle of the new portable units so I can use it while making road trips on the Bike. I first bought my Sirius to make the Trip to Moab. I literally drove 1625 miles across the country and only lost reception when I went through the tunnell on top of the pass above Denver and when I pulled under awnings while filling up my gas tank.

Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline LilRed

• Webshots Photopage
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 08:30:06 AM »
   We both have Sirius.  Originally we just had XM in a single vehicle but had issues with the service a few times and liked the Sirius line up better.  Dirt cheap to add a second subscriber too.  My husband has the portable one.  It takes no more than a couple minutes to disconnect it and move to another vehicle.  The one in my Tracker is permanently mounted cause I didn't think I would use it in my trail Zuk.  I sure miss it on the road to the trails though.
some clips from The Wishbone Ranch
http://www.youtube.com/user/KyLilRed

Offline mntracker

• MORNEAU MVP
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 07:40:14 PM »
I have a Pioneer AM/FM/CD XM ready head unit in my 92 Tracker. Got the XM about a year and a half ago and I love it. Put the antenna on the top of my spare tire carrier in the rear door, drilled a hole in the door and ran the wire up to front. The XM modulator is behind the dash, can't even tell I have XM in it. That was the only thing when I got it- where to put the antenna, can't put it on the convertible top, but the spare carrier thing works pretty good, not too many dead spots..

Offline LilRed

• Webshots Photopage
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 07:47:23 PM »
   I had a hard time finding a spot for the antenna on my Tracker.  I put it on top of my third brake light over the spare tire carrier.  Works perfect!

Jayzuki

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 08:28:23 PM »
When I get my system I will get it from Future Shop or one of the "big box retailers". If the price doesn't include the unit being installed I will just pay the extra $50 or whatever to have it put in my machine. Then it will be under full warranty!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 08:31:05 PM by Jayzuki »

Offline RGERBER

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 06:23:42 PM »
my new stereo is Sat. ready ( sirius ) i have several Sirius radios now- R.V. Toyhauler, and in my Golfcart, and by the pool.

i will use the ipod in the Sammy most of the time, or CB
94 SUZUKI SAMURAI / 1.6 8 VALVE TRACKER MOTOR.

Offline pcguy

• 1996 Tracker 4x4
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2006, 02:00:51 AM »
   I had a hard time finding a spot for the antenna on my Tracker.  I put it on top of my third brake light over the spare tire carrier.  Works perfect!

Here is a helpful hint: Sirius antena does not need to be fully exposed to the elements. On jeep wranglers it is underneath the padding of the roll bar and still gets great reception. Given this, I think the ideal location would be slightly padded on top of the roof, but underneath the soft/hard top. as long as you have a soft top, or fiberglass hard top in place, it should still pull a good signal.

Offline LilRed

• Webshots Photopage
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 07:07:53 AM »

Here is a helpful hint: Sirius antena does not need to be fully exposed to the elements. On jeep wranglers it is underneath the padding of the roll bar and still gets great reception. Given this, I think the ideal location would be slightly padded on top of the roof, but underneath the soft/hard top. as long as you have a soft top, or fiberglass hard top in place, it should still pull a good signal.

Yeah, I tried mine there for awhile, underneath the softtop and it had pretty good reception.  Problem is when you run with the top open over the front, the metal bar is over the antenna and interfers.  The reception is actually better on the brake light as well.