Hello Guest

22r motor swap for a samurai?

• 6 Replies

Offline VTsami22

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
22r motor swap for a samurai?
« on: August 12, 2006, 02:52:05 PM »
i just recently bought a 22r motor to sawp into my samuria and i was wondering if anybody knows the best way to go about this or maybe some helpful tips on everything i would need to complete this conversion. thanks.

Offline wezzlegod

• under construction crowler
Re: 22r motor swap for a samurai?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 05:16:17 PM »
im doing the same swap but mine is the 22re into a sidekick. no kit for mine. but im using the toyota trans too. putting 4.7 geats into the t case from marlin. the 22r should be an easy swap. i need to smog mine so im have to use all the emisions stuff. i work on cars so that makes my install easier. i dont know what u would need help on if it is an older 22r it should be simple. of corse i would use a fuel injected moter if u plane on wheeling carbs on toyota flud out on steep inclines. but of corse the fuel injected moter is a difficalt install du to all the electical work and electronic controls for the fuel and moter.
black 89 sidekick toyota 22re L52 5speed trans w/ duel t cases. toyota axles w/coil springs 4 link double triangle 3 link front, 5.29 r&p, lockers ,35x12.5 tires, rock rails ,custom plate steal bumpers, killer xm sounds ext ext ext

Offline zooky

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 05:40:01 PM »
you spelt 'controls' right... ;D

Offline VTsami22

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 10:20:41 PM »
im doing the same swap but mine is the 22re into a sidekick. no kit for mine. but im using the toyota trans too. putting 4.7 geats into the t case from marlin. the 22r should be an easy swap. i need to smog mine so im have to use all the emisions stuff. i work on cars so that makes my install easier. i dont know what u would need help on if it is an older 22r it should be simple. of corse i would use a fuel injected moter if u plane on wheeling carbs on toyota flud out on steep inclines. but of corse the fuel injected moter is a difficalt install du to all the electical work and electronic controls for the fuel and moter.

do you have custom motor mounts for your conversion? because i cant seem to find any information on that at all.

Offline wezzlegod

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 09:11:49 AM »
you have to weld new ones go to the junk yard and cut some out of a toy truck than take the bare block with moter mounts atached and put it in place. you may have to do some grinding and shapping to get them into the right place then tach them into place remove the moter and then weld.
black 89 sidekick toyota 22re L52 5speed trans w/ duel t cases. toyota axles w/coil springs 4 link double triangle 3 link front, 5.29 r&p, lockers ,35x12.5 tires, rock rails ,custom plate steal bumpers, killer xm sounds ext ext ext

Offline VTsami22

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 12:26:11 PM »
you have to weld new ones go to the junk yard and cut some out of a toy truck than take the bare block with moter mounts atached and put it in place. you may have to do some grinding and shapping to get them into the right place then tach them into place remove the moter and then weld.

[thnaks for the input its the most ive gotten anywhere....so the transmission will fit in a samurai? because just looking at it it seems like there is not enough room. ]

Offline wezzlegod

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 03:55:58 PM »
if you do a 2" body lift you will have more room for the moter and trans