Revisiting -- 2.0l into 1.6 16v sidekick

• 4 Replies

Offline vitaradownunder

• Vitara Doin' it Aussie Style
    • WildZooks
Revisiting -- 2.0l into 1.6 16v sidekick
« on: June 26, 2006, 07:42:09 PM »
Hi All,

I am interested in more information on Zaggys 2.0l into 1.6 16v conversion. I have done some reading on his post from May 2005 however i am looking for the pictures and even maybe prices of parts from people as I am extremely keen on this conversion....

I have done my research on 4AGZE, SR20DE conversions but unless i have $7K in the bank then there is no point starting to look.

Can anyone point me the right direction.

Thanks James
Lets get wild and show the big  toys how to do it suzuki style.

Offline cj

• I drive a really big ATV
Re: Revisiting -- 2.0l into 1.6 16v sidekick
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 11:41:37 PM »
Hi All,

I am interested in more information on Zaggys 2.0l into 1.6 16v conversion. I have done some reading on his post from May 2005 however i am looking for the pictures and even maybe prices of parts from people as I am extremely keen on this conversion....

I have done my research on 4AGZE, SR20DE conversions but unless i have $7K in the bank then there is no point starting to look.

Can anyone point me the right direction.

Thanks James

It's one thing to put a 4AGZE or SR20DE in a Sierra/Sammurai but it is is more involved to do one of those conversions in the Vit/Kick due to the t-case not being divorced. The Suzuki J20A will definately be an easier way to go. Have you had a look here http://members.cox.net/aftermarket4x4/2liter.html at the swap. You will also find details on the original 1.3 to 1.6 swap in the "completed projects". It may be of use to you. have you tried talking to Sam at Overkill Engineering in Sydney as he may have done one of these swaps and be able to pint you in the right direction. I know he has put a 2.5 V6 into one.

Offline vitaradownunder

• Vitara Doin' it Aussie Style
    • WildZooks
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 02:14:25 AM »
Yes i know Sam from overkill. And i know the 2.5 V6 that was droped into a vitara/sidekick SWB. It was away from the owner for alot longer then it was supposed to be and it started to cost more then what was quoted.

The website you mention is a 2L into a sierra/samurai, I am wanting the information on the 2L into a Vitara/sidekick. I am wondering if there are any pics on the conversion and is anyone making up the components need to do it ie the new flywheel and so.

Thanks James
Lets get wild and show the big  toys how to do it suzuki style.

Offline cj

• I drive a really big ATV
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 04:39:05 AM »

The website you mention is a 2L into a sierra/samurai, I am wanting the information on the 2L into a Vitara/sidekick. 

I know but as it shows the 1.6 into a 1.3 and 2.0 where the 1.6 was I thought between the info in the two swaps that it may give you some idea as to what is involved for a 2.0 into 1.6. Have you tried getting hold of Zaggy?

Offline Shrock

• ShrockWorks 4x4
    • ShrockWorks - 4x4 Products
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 04:17:08 PM »
I'm getting ready to do this into an 8V kick. 

I'm just going to put the entire drivetrain from the Vitara in the Kick.   2.0 Motor, 4sp Auto Trans and tcase.....

Jim Shrake

www.ShrockWorks.com[/url]