Hello Guest

NEWS: Nissan, Suzuki to expand cooperation - SUZUKI PICKUP IN 2008!

• 30 Replies

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Re: NEWS: Nissan, Suzuki to expand cooperation - SUZUKI PICKUP IN 2008!
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2006, 08:04:48 AM »
8) Visions of a bob-tailed Suzuki 4x4 PU on 33's towing the Kick across country  8)

Zig

Make it a quadcab diesel and I'd buy it.  Especially if it was based on the Frontier!

Here's another good thread idea. "What accessories would make you purchase?" New thread coming up!

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline beerman

• Suzuki 4x4 Norway
    • www.tristania.com
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2006, 07:33:31 PM »
the nissan navara tows 3000kg, 6000+LBS if they make a suzuki i doubt it will tow less?

unless they make it the size of a kick ;)

Offline Maroon Monsoon

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2006, 12:37:00 AM »
if it's 100% nissan with suzuki badges I'm a little dissapointed. I would think it would be cool if suzuiki actually made a truck. it would make up for the lack of wicked little 4 X4 they have in the states just about and start a new thing.

I don't think a frontier is anything special and would buy a tacoma over one any day. unless suzuki actually gets involved with it and makes it something unique and special I don't really care unless it has a diesel like someone mentioned
2000 Grand Vitara.. boondox coil spacer lift w/ pro comp 2 inch lift shocks and ome struts. 225/75 R16 Kumho Mt's, powdercoated wheels, rear brake line relocation and stuff to acomodate. custom exhaust and intake along with some 1 off accesories.

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2006, 06:41:10 AM »
Look at what Suzuki's selling as far as 4x4's now in the States.  Do you really think based on the sorta-unibody IFS and IRS GV that they'll make a pickup truck that's purely theirs?  I'd prefer a Suzuki badged copy of the Frontier to that.

Have you read the specs on the Frontier?  The new Frontier is closer to the last generation of the Tacoma than the new Tacoma is.  Hell, go to Toyota's website.  Under the "build a Tacoma" part of it you can't even get the TRD package with a manual transmission.  WTF?  If I was buying new I'd go for a Nissan Frontier NISMO over a Tacoma TRD any day right now.  They've yuppiefied the Tacoma too much for me now.  Put an S on the grill and I'd get it.
That said I'm a cheap bastard so if I were in the market for something like it I'd probably end up with a previous generation Tacoma TRD.  Depreciation sucks and these things ain't cheap! :P

Offline Maroon Monsoon

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2006, 05:55:50 PM »
Look at what Suzuki's selling as far as 4x4's now in the States.  Do you really think based on the sorta-unibody IFS and IRS GV that they'll make a pickup truck that's purely theirs?  I'd prefer a Suzuki badged copy of the Frontier to that.

Have you read the specs on the Frontier?  The new Frontier is closer to the last generation of the Tacoma than the new Tacoma is.  Hell, go to Toyota's website.  Under the "build a Tacoma" part of it you can't even get the TRD package with a manual transmission.  WTF?  If I was buying new I'd go for a Nissan Frontier NISMO over a Tacoma TRD any day right now.  They've yuppiefied the Tacoma too much for me now.  Put an S on the grill and I'd get it.
That said I'm a cheap bastard so if I were in the market for something like it I'd probably end up with a previous generation Tacoma TRD.  Depreciation sucks and these things ain't cheap! :P

good point. that's gay that you can't get a manual with the TRD package. I think I'd get a used tacoma if I were in the market for a truck like that as well. I'd get a frontier with a suzuki badge over one with a nissan badge any day because I have a slight grudge with nissan and just can't own something that is purely nissan... if it had some suzuki I would possibly buy a used one
2000 Grand Vitara.. boondox coil spacer lift w/ pro comp 2 inch lift shocks and ome struts. 225/75 R16 Kumho Mt's, powdercoated wheels, rear brake line relocation and stuff to acomodate. custom exhaust and intake along with some 1 off accesories.

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2006, 06:12:04 PM »
Hey, could be worse.  They could sell a rebadged version of the Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon... :-X

Ewww...torsion bars...

Offline Maroon Monsoon

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2006, 06:40:21 PM »
ahh, chevy colorado seems uber crappy.. if it's anything like the S 10 I say forget that!

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2006, 08:06:53 PM »
Different engine, same crappy suspension.  Trans and t-case aren't bad though.  I kinda like the quadcabs but I wouldn't take one over a Frontier, Tacoma, or Ranger any day.

Offline Maroon Monsoon

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2006, 11:00:11 PM »
yea, for a compact truck I'd go with a danger ranger or tacoma. some older rangers have pretty bad motors. a friend of mine had one with a 3.3 I think (forgot the engine) and it was a leaky, oil burning pile. needless to say he got rid of it asap and got a nice 4 litre manual 5 speed XJ

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2006, 03:47:12 AM »
Probably just had an old 3.0L.  Good engines but like any, if you don't take care of them they turn into a POS.  My 4.0L V6 has 172,000+ miles on it and just keeps going.

My first choice was a Tacoma but I simply couldn't (and really still can't) afford one.  Toyotas have excellent resale value.  I was looking at 3-4 year older Toyotas than the Rangers I was looking at just to keep them in my price range.  That's a lot of road salt in those extra winters.

Offline Maroon Monsoon

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2006, 10:59:19 PM »
yea, I think it was a 3.0 maybe. the person who had it before him was a complete idiot judging by stupid things like a broken air box and all the things I forgot.

I have heard some strories of rangers being completely bulletproof. great vehicles. I bet your ranger is pretty sweet

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2006, 06:47:14 AM »
Eh, it's one of my toys:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/364830

Offline Maroon Monsoon

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2006, 12:22:15 AM »
that is a nice danger ranger! I tried to add you to my friends on car domain but it was being a pile. my car domain name is badass55. took most of the pics of the GV off but I'll probably put more on there soon. do you still have your tracker?

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2006, 05:27:29 PM »
Yep, it and the GV have pages, just click on my name on the upper left corner.

Offline Maroon Monsoon

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2006, 10:29:04 PM »
sweet