Hello Guest

Another upcoming adventure, with a contest!

• 26 Replies

Offline Digger

• 1996 Suzuki X-90 4X4
Another upcoming adventure, with a contest!
« on: May 11, 2006, 05:42:16 PM »
In the past, I have gone on some pretty intensive adventure road trips all in the name of collecting Suzuki products. The last two had me traveling from PA to just inside South Carolina to pick up a 1974 Suzuki LJ20, towing it back on a dolly to PA again, then less than a week later I travelled from PA to Cookeville TN to pick up a free parts Tracker from Zig(Zukipilot) and towing it back on the same dolly. Both of these trips were done with the help of my freind TOTAL CARNAGE with his dolly and van and were both what I consider "speed-runs". That means that we left bright and early, drove straight through to get the vehicles, then turned around and drove almost straight through to get back home again. The kind of trips with little to no sleep fuelled by lots of caffiene, spending most of the time just driving. Of course these trips, while physically taxing from the lack of sleep were also a lot of fun. Plus I got to meet Zig. It's always great to meet a fellow Zuk Freak in person and put a face to the username.

Well, thanks in part to Zig yet again, I am gearing up for my biggest Suzuki-collecting run to date: I am flying to Florida to buy Zig's X-90, then driving it back home again. Mapquest puts the most direct route home at just over 1000 miles, but this trip I'm bringing my g/f along and we are planning on a little more of a scenic route. It might take me a couple days to get home, but that's alright with me this time around. I have enough of a week off of work to make the trip more enjoyable. Of course I will document the trip on here with plenty of pictures for all to enjoy, but this time I have an idea for something a little different.

This is where the contest comes in. The winner will receive a fabulous prize consisting of a much-sought-after Zukiworld.com winsheild decal! Who doesn't want that? LOL! Now here's the details of what you need to do to win the prize:

I will post in this topic what general route I'm taking and what days I might be covering which parts of the route. To win the prize, you need to take a picture of me and/or the X-90 along the route, and be the first one to post it here. Of course if I happen to notice any modified Zuks near by, I will probably aim for the nearest rest area to see if they follow, just so I can possibly get to meet more fellow Zuk Freaks!

Zig and I are both exempt and excluded from this contest for obvious reasons, but it's open to pretty much everyone else. And I wont be fooled by a pic of any X-90, it's got to be mine and I WILL be able to tell! LOL!

The trip is scheduled for me to start on the road Friday, May 19th. I will be heading north up route 1 from Vero beach Florida until it hits I-95, then I-95 north to I-26 west through South Carolina to the Blue Ridge Parkway in Asheville. Somewhere in this vicinity I plan on hitting a motel possibly before continuing Saturday up the Blue Ridge Parkway, then Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park all the way to Front Royal, VA. Then 522 north to I-70 through Breezewood and then the PA Turnpike the rest of the way home. I am playing it by ear when it comes to motels and where I might stop for the night. Basically if I get tired enough, I'll probably stop for a while.

I would love to get to meet some Zuk Freaks along the way, and it will be really interesting to see how many people might try to get my picture to win a sticker! Actually, I'm going to offer up 2 prizes in this contest: one prize for the first pic posted here and the other for my favorite of all the pics posted(if there's more than one, that is! LOL!) So request off from work if you can and start hanging out at scenic pull-offs... and don't forget your camera! ;)
Had a cool sig pic till I changed the text... sigh...
90 Tracker: "Silver", 2" BL, 1-1/2" Coil Spacers, Strut mount flip, Calmini Header, Winch, 31" Swamper radials, Sold.
98 Suzuki X-90: Calmini 2" Sus, 1-1/4" whl spcrs, 2" Exhaust, Cobra Safari Bar, Neon, Sold.
96 Suzuki X-90: Mostly stock daily driver(for now)

Offline Jeff@TireBalls

Re: Another upcoming adventure, with a contest!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 05:55:34 PM »
Too bad your not going the first week of June, you could have gone on my Daniel Boone Dual Sport Adventure with us in Kentucky.
2000 Grand Vitara Limited, 2" lift, 225/75-16 BFG KO's, 5.12 gears, Safari snorkel, roof rack.
1987 Samurai LWB, VW 1.9 Turbo Diesel.

Offline locjaw

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 06:51:20 PM »
and us suckers on the west coast, we get nothing :'(
that's not fair , i want a ZUKIWORLD sticker :P
i cant afford one
this sux :-*
jason
1995 Sidekick SAS'd "Trail Slayer"
1993 4 door lifted "Road Warrior"
1995 4 door stocker "CreamPuff"

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 08:26:12 AM »
that's not fair , i want a ZUKIWORLD sticker :P
i cant afford one

jason

Don't start with me Jason!  ;D

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline takai

• Yes, I drove that here. And No, it's not done!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 12:02:32 PM »
and us suckers on the west coast, we get nothing :'(

I agree with jason.  :P

Have fun on your trip.  ;D
87 Sammi "Sir Tweak " Rockcrawler 4:1, Mighty Kong , 1.6 16V, Centerforce II, 2" Exhaust, Esteem seats. - Long gone
97 Tracker "Jezebel"  Bone Stock DD

'Cause, I am to misbehave.

Offline Digger

• 1996 Suzuki X-90 4X4
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 10:39:44 PM »
Sheesh... I can't make EVERYONE happy... :-\

Oh well... of course there's nothing in my rules against someone from the west coast coming out to try and take my picture. If you chose not to try for whatever reason, be it too far away or not enough time off from work, that's not my problem! LOL! :P
90 Tracker: "Silver", 2" BL, 1-1/2" Coil Spacers, Strut mount flip, Calmini Header, Winch, 31" Swamper radials, Sold.
98 Suzuki X-90: Calmini 2" Sus, 1-1/4" whl spcrs, 2" Exhaust, Cobra Safari Bar, Neon, Sold.

Offline 37kicker

• 97 tracker 9inch front and rear on 40" pitbulls
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 12:06:02 AM »
hey, buy my kick (39.5 kick) allready has a zuk world sticker.    plus you get the kick!!!   stan

Offline Bigzook

• Current owner of the famous Audi Kick
    • Donkey Worx Galleries
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 06:58:25 AM »
west coasters always get screwed :P

Offline locjaw

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006, 08:02:51 AM »
you should try :-*
jason

Offline takai

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2006, 08:16:17 AM »

Don't give up so easily, you not trying to please everybody. Just everybody on the West Coast with zuks.  ;)
87 Sammi "Sir Tweak " Rockcrawler 4:1, Mighty Kong , 1.6 16V, Centerforce II, 2" Exhaust, Esteem seats. - Long gone

Offline Digger

• 1996 Suzuki X-90 4X4
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2006, 09:22:42 PM »
Like I said, there's nothing in the contest against west-coast dwellers from participating. Heck, I don't care if you live in Guam, you can still come out and meet up with me! LOL! And if a Zukiworld sticker isn't enough of a prize, then what would be better? After buying the X and airplane tickets to go pick it up, not to mention gas for the trip home, the prize budget is minimal at best! LOL! I think I have some stock steel Tracker rims laying around you could have... :P

Offline jason hutchison

• ZUKIWORLD Staff
    • ZUKIWORLD Online
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 08:57:02 AM »
I highly reccomend staying in asheville. I used to live there and it's a great city. There is tons of neat stuff to do there too.

Offline locjaw

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 11:59:25 AM »
Like I said, there's nothing in the contest against west-coast dwellers from participating. Heck, I don't care if you live in Guam, you can still come out and meet up with me! LOL! And if a Zukiworld sticker isn't enough of a prize, then what would be better? After buying the X and airplane tickets to go pick it up, not to mention gas for the trip home, the prize budget is minimal at best! LOL! I think I have some stock steel Tracker rims laying around you could have... :P

you could give the X as a prize :P no?
jason

Offline takai

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2006, 12:16:41 PM »
jason

::) :P

Offline Digger

• 1996 Suzuki X-90 4X4
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2006, 03:48:35 PM »
jason

I'll bet if I did that, I'd have almost the entire route lined with Zuk Freaks! LOL!