Hello Guest

Track/Kick SAS Project

• 44 Replies

Offline SnoFalls

Re: Track/Kick SAS Project
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2006, 03:09:54 PM »
A full kit from us is unlikely in the near future.  The setup we are doing on this one is way too expensive to sell.  The pic in post #1, on page 1 is about $1800.00, and not even half of what is needed.   Less expensive parts can be used of course.  We are using it as a learning & testing exercise.  Next time we will probably try something more...sellable for lack of a better term. 

We WILL offer some components, brackets and information that will make the job much easier though.   

yes, please on the info ...

I agree that a "kit" is probably not a winner for ya, but I'm also happy to see that TT is giving it a go. The "market" will drive it one way or another soon I'm sure ...

But more to ME and the info thing :) ...
I'm workin' on using D44's instead of toys (aka getting a 60" WMS and 5.89's).

The "info" that would be very nice ...

What you did for the front links? I think I see a panhard  ... is it 4 link parallel, or radius arms, or ???

What did you decide on for the steering box? (I see the blue tape!) ...

I'm guessing those are airshox ... 16's or 14's ... that flexup is awesome!

What's your frame height looking to be?

What do you think it'll eventually weigh in at?

I'm SURE your outta todo items, so I expect your answers right away  ;)

I'm also trying to stay as low as possible, and hoping my waggy front will gimme a bit more to work with when the wheels are turned and stuffed up in. BTW my goal is 35's (maybe 37's at some point with chromo stuff for the D44). airshox are on my list, and so, yea, some experiences and getting the links up front would be helpful ... TIA
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.

Buy-it, Build-it, Beat-it, Part-it

Offline wezzlegod

• under construction crowler
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2006, 07:45:41 PM »
i have the same plan as u do i have started gathering the parts but im putting a full toyota drivetrin into mine 22re from a 91 pickup 5 speed trans and marlin gears in the transfercase 4.7s im going to long arm the axels and use coil over shocks i think it would be easyist to set up with coilovers. can you lift it up and take a picture looking up so i can see how you did your trailing arms and i would like to see an upclose of the stearing setup??????????? ;D ;D ;D ;D
black 89 sidekick toyota 22re L52 5speed trans w/ duel t cases. toyota axles w/coil springs 4 link double triangle 3 link front, 5.29 r&p, lockers ,35x12.5 tires, rock rails ,custom plate steal bumpers, killer xm sounds ext ext ext

Offline zukzilla1662

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2006, 07:47:27 PM »
that thing is going to look sweet when it is done make sure to post some pics when it is done

Offline Maroon Monsoon

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2006, 09:22:52 AM »
have you guys at shrock works thought of making a lift for 1st and 2nd gen kick/track/vits that has longer control arms like calmini? I think that would be a really awesome thing. I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to get bigger control arms without getting calmini's kit.

just an idea.. also making a dual control arm kit for these vehicles would be really cool as well. I'm sure you are pretty busy with all the other stuff you are doing but I thought I'd throw some ideas out there

can't wait to see more progress on that sas kit, it is really freaking awesome
2000 Grand Vitara.. boondox coil spacer lift w/ pro comp 2 inch lift shocks and ome struts. 225/75 R16 Kumho Mt's, powdercoated wheels, rear brake line relocation and stuff to acomodate. custom exhaust and intake along with some 1 off accesories.

Offline Shrock

• ShrockWorks 4x4
    • ShrockWorks - 4x4 Products
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2006, 02:45:00 PM »
Getting to work on the rear.  Here are some new pics and some details on the suspension geometry.  Any questions let me know...

Went with a 4 Link in the rear:

3 Link with panhard in the front:

Jim Shrake

www.ShrockWorks.com[/url]

Offline Shrock

• ShrockWorks 4x4
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2006, 02:45:58 PM »

Jim Shrake

Offline Shrock

• ShrockWorks 4x4
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2006, 02:47:49 PM »
and my boy Matt says he likes it!  :D

[/IMG]
Jim Shrake

Offline SnoFalls

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2006, 04:32:46 PM »
hey jim, thx loads for the details and the updates ... can you e-mail me the full size pics from the calculator tho? (zukiworld has shrunk enuf where I can't quite read the deatils).

I'm hoping to use your dimensions as a start for my game with the calc ...

TIA

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.

Buy-it, Build-it, Beat-it, Part-it

Offline Shrock

• ShrockWorks 4x4

Offline Maroon Monsoon

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2006, 12:21:09 AM »
I love that thing. awesomeness!
2000 Grand Vitara.. boondox coil spacer lift w/ pro comp 2 inch lift shocks and ome struts. 225/75 R16 Kumho Mt's, powdercoated wheels, rear brake line relocation and stuff to acomodate. custom exhaust and intake along with some 1 off accesories.

Offline toyfamily

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2006, 10:35:41 AM »
yes, please on the info ...

The "info" that would be very nice ...

What you did for the front links? I think I see a panhard  ... is it 4 link parallel, or radius arms, or ???

3 Link with a panhard (obviously from the Calc.) Much like a comp moon buggy

What did you decide on for the steering box? (I see the blue tape!) ...

PSC Hydro assist stock box...still need to get to that so there will be more on mounting etc.

I'm guessing those are airshox ... 16's or 14's ... that flexup is awesome!

14" Sway a Way

What's your frame height looking to be?

About 20" and some change under the skid

What do you think it'll eventually weigh in at?

Unknown. Each airshock is about 6lbs. .The front axle is about 250 lbs. with steering so far (no hydro assist ram yet) the rear end about 210lbs. Each rim and tire  140lbs. . I'll weight a link when I build a real one.   

Nick

Offline wezzlegod

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2006, 06:15:38 PM »
can you post some better pics of the frunt suspention closer and more how you linked it.
black 89 sidekick toyota 22re L52 5speed trans w/ duel t cases. toyota axles w/coil springs 4 link double triangle 3 link front, 5.29 r&p, lockers ,35x12.5 tires, rock rails ,custom plate steal bumpers, killer xm sounds ext ext ext

Offline Shrock

• ShrockWorks 4x4
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2006, 07:47:13 PM »
Nick is a perfectionist and doesnt want you to see the tacked flat bar and angle iron brackets he used to develop the suspension geometry.  He is drawing them up for laser cutting in CAD right now.  Along with a pimp belly skid with link attachment points that may see the light of day as a ShrockWorks product if demand is there.

Give us a little time, and I promise very detailed pics of everything.   I'll try to sneak a few in the meantime when he isnt looking. :D

Jim
Jim Shrake

Offline wezzlegod

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2006, 07:01:05 PM »
would you make some of those brackets avalible for us not fortinit enough to have a machine to cut them? it seems from all the posts you can see everyone would love this mod. its would be the price that would be the kicker in wether everyone would do it. mabye we can traid for some stuff . im doing a 22re swap into my sidekick you can use my instalation to make a kit for the swap. ill do the testing and give you all the info on how i mounted and wired it. maybe you can help me with the axel swap.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 07:12:05 PM by wezzlegod »

Offline Shrock

• ShrockWorks 4x4
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2006, 07:42:57 PM »
We will make a full belly skid that incorporates the upper and lower link mounts, front and rear.  It will really take the guesswork out the process on the geometry.  Probably some axle brackets and shock hoops too.

If the response is good, we will probably add some additional pieces to round out a kit.

Jim
Jim Shrake